cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan GW WORKED!! BADDIES be Gone !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan GW WORKED!! BADDIES be Gone !!!

After a LONG fight of removing ALL collections, charge offs and major derogs from my report, I just got a call from my student loan company inofmring me as a one time ocurtesy they are retroactively changing my payment date for Nov 14, where I incurred THREE 30 day lates on my reports, to reflect CURRENT and submitted the change today to all three CRAs!!!!!  I AM OVER THE MOON!  This all after an AMEX approval for their ED Card $2k, and BBVA AMEX for $5k - my bigglest CL !!!  My scores BEFORE this change goes into affect are EXP 660  EQ 650  TU 660 FICO 8s.

Here's the thing -- these are very recent baddies (12 mos) and with this update my last baddie will go from 12 months to 21 months old -- almost 2 years!!!  Prior to those 2, there are NO BADDIES LEFT!!!!  Now, I know these 3 baddies had to be dragging my scores something bad given 3x and recency .. Am I to expect a score boost and if so, estimate (I know we can never give a true guess) ??  

Stats:

AAofA:  7 years  /  13 Years oldest

UTIL:  30% now, will be more like 10% when new cards report soon 

Baddies:  2 30 day lates (AFTER THESE REMOVALS) from Feb 2014 (21 months) - thats IT !

NO Collections, NO Charge offs, NO Serious derogs

INQs:  Heavy admitedly - between 10-14 in 12 months (Car shopping, credit app sprees)

All I can tell you is again and again -- FIGHT for what you believe in, and GW the heck out of creditors.  Be honest, concise and stern to a point -- it took me escalation to the EXECUTIVE VP, but it worked and my credit is going to reflect SO MUCH BETTER because of it !!!!  Smiley Very Happy  Thank you for any forthcoming advice !!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan GW WORKED!! BADDIES be Gone !!!

So Excited for you, JoeyZoom!!!  I'm fighting a student loan baddie of my own - send me some good luck! 

Please do update us when you find out how many points you go up Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

frankie fight HARD!!!! do not take NO for an answer!!!!  Even if it takes months!

The deletions already hit my EXP report -- + 19 pts!!!!!  Cant wait to see what TU and EQ do as their boosts are always more !!!! 700 club woooooo

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

19 points so far, that is AWESOME!! Especially when you consider it is only the beginning.

Yeah, I'm in the months-long process of getting my KeyBank paid-charge off nonsense fixed.  I settled an old charged off student loan, but now the detritus is all over my reports.  One 1 CB, they listed the CO 2x but deleted my current student loan account that I pay every month. On the 2 other CBs, they list the charged off account as paid/settled for less with a Zero balance, but also still list a separate TL for the charge off with a 25K balance. So it looks like I have 25K more debt than I really have, and shows an unpaid charge off, and took off my "good pay" student loan! Ugh.

They (KeyBank) are at least responding to me now -  just got a letter in the mail yesterday and now I have to send them in my "actual" credit reports, not my MyFico version. I have those now and am gonna send out a letter with those tomorrow.  Wish me luck!  Trying to buy a house next year and knew this would take awhile. Trying to get into the 700s myself.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.