Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Permanently Assigned to Government

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan Permanently Assigned to Government

Hello,

I am new to the forums and hoping to get some questions answered.

I have 5 Wells Fargo student loans from '05-'06.  The remarks say "Student loan permanently assigned to government with a past due balance of $0.  Pay status says "Late 120 days."  I have paid my student loans in full to the state of Texas since they defaulted.  Should I expect to see a random CA appear on my reports?

My other student loans through Texas Guaranteed Student Loans also show past due balance of $0 but are listed as derogatory, Collection/Charge Off.

As far as I know, all of my student loans have been paid in full for almost 2 years now.  Does this seem right?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan Permanently Assigned to Government

Hi!

I work for Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation.

I can't say for sure, but if you call our collections department at (800) 222-6297 , they may be able to assist with this.

Regards,

Jack

Message 2 of 3
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Student Loan Permanently Assigned to Government

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I am new to the forums and hoping to get some questions answered.

I have 5 Wells Fargo student loans from '05-'06.  The remarks say "Student loan permanently assigned to government with a past due balance of $0.  Pay status says "Late 120 days."  I have paid my student loans in full to the state of Texas since they defaulted.  Should I expect to see a random CA appear on my reports?

My other student loans through Texas Guaranteed Student Loans also show past due balance of $0 but are listed as derogatory, Collection/Charge Off.

As far as I know, all of my student loans have been paid in full for almost 2 years now.  Does this seem right?

I'm in the exact same situation except my experience is more recent. And to the best of my knowledge, yes it seems right. Although it's paid off, derogatory remarks can stay on your reports for up to 7.5 years. My action plans is to send GW letters to these two creditors and hope for early delete. Mine are scheduled to be deleted late 2015.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.