cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan dispute success update with 107 point increase on credit score!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan dispute success update with 107 point increase on credit score!

I disputed my student loans late payments with the department of Ed before their transfer to Nelnet.

Its been ongoing process over the past couple of months,

Today my Experian score updated and I am at a 786!

Now I am super excited to see when Equifax updates and get working on filing disputes with my Transunion!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan dispute success update with 107 point increase on credit score!

Tell me what you did step by step-please

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan dispute success update with 107 point increase on credit score!

Why did they remove the lates?  How did you go about getting it removed?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I disputed my student loans late payments with the department of Ed before their transfer to Nelnet.

Its been ongoing process over the past couple of months,

Today my Experian score updated and I am at a 786!

Now I am super excited to see when Equifax updates and get working on filing disputes with my Transunion!

The same thing happeded to me...I disputed (it took nearly 18 months of constatly disputing), and they removed them...My score went through the roof.

Congrats on your success!! I know the feeling.

Message 4 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

A word of caution....Disputing an item that is reporting correctly, violates the rules of this forum.

Also the CRA's could mark it as a frivolous dispute, which you dont want to happen.

Thank you for following the rules, here at myfico.Smiley Wink

~Lightnin,myFICO Moderator

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

A word of caution....Disputing an item that is reporting correctly, violates the rules of this forum.

Also the CRA's could mark it as a frivolous dispute, which you dont want to happen.

Very aware of the rules on this forrum and of the rules in the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which states that I have the right to dispute " incomplete or inaccurate information" on my credit report, which was the case of my student loans. They incorrectly marked my payments as late, when I beforehand sent in a request for a deferrment and was approved for one...Fast forward 3 months and I received numerous late payments for no reason. So of course I disputed.

Message 6 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

Very aware of the rules on this forrum and of the rules in the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which states that I have the right to dispute " incomplete or inaccurate information" on my credit report, which was the case of my student loans. They incorrectly marked my payments as late, when I beforehand sent in a request for a deferrment and was approved for one...Fast forward 3 months and I received numerous late payments for no reason. So of course I disputed.

intellis,

I thanked everyone for following the rules. Your post was fine. I just wanted to post a public reminder about the rules here, before the thread went sideways and start having posts advocating or suggesting to dispute accurate information.

Thanks for contributing to these forums and for your cooperation! ~ Lightnin, myFICO mod

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

He was refering to me and my post was removed. I disputed my student loans because they were in diferment and were reported as late. I will watch how I word my future posts. Thanks LIGHTIN.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.