Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan

tag
felyasocal
New Contributor

Student Loan

So DeVry (may they rot in hell) is haunting me and I've been trying to clean my credit for the last  6 months. I've done all I can, except DeVry.

Long story short: I went to DeVry shortly about 6 years ago. Took a loan from them. Actually it was from Wachovia and DeVry. $10K from Wachovia and $3K from DeVry.

I fell on some hard times and could not pay the loan. Finally 2 years ago I paid off the DeVry part of the loa

The Wachovia part of the loan was then moved to Wells Fargo, then to ACS, then to Nelnet, then to US Department of Education and finally just transferred to Sallie Mae. 

I have been paying this loan for over a year since it was in Nelnet. The loan is broken into 4 parts so I have a number of derogotory entries on my credit report from Nelnet, Wells Fargo, and ACS. There is not much really I can do to remove this info from my credit, but at least most of these entries are not showing up as current delinquencies, but on entry on two of the reports shows the ACS portion as CURRENT 120 Day delinquent. I've disputed a number of times, but no luck. Credit Unions are telling me to contact the creditor and the creditor can't even find my records, but when I dispute, the entries are validated as current.

What can I do for the entry that shows as deliquent? its not because the loan is current and paid for on time, but with another lender

I know I f'ed up in the past, but I am doing good on it and I am curious if there is anything else I can do in this situation

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan

I am in the EXACT same position. ACS can't find a record...Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) can't find a record.....

Any update on your situation you'd care to share? 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan

I am in the EXACT same position. ACS can't find a record...Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) can't find a record.....Any update on your situation you'd care to share? 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.