cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans

tag
BJ06

Student Loans

I took out two student loans when i went back to school. Had some difficultly paying and they defaulted. OC was Nelnet who turned both back over to Dept Of Ed. Dept then sent both to different CA. Fist one went to Van Ru who i entered successful rahab program with and loan is now with a new creditor and being paid on time. Other was sent to Texas Guaranteed and have just recently enter rehab program. Problem is every step remains on my CR and now looks like I have 5 or 6 default loans. Nelnet has it on there 3 times! What is the best option to get some of this cleaned up.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loans

I have the same issue. I had 1 state loan and 1 federal loan - however, on my credit each one appears 3-4 times.

I have asked repeatedly that the duplicate entries be deleted via the dispute process, but they all come back verified.

If you have any luck, let me know.

Message 2 of 7
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

I've had the same issue, but I've been told they are able to report this way. I have Keybank and Keybank AES accounts on mine. both from the same student loan. Im not sure about the rehab, but you might try the student loan board to see if they have had those duplicates removed after successful rehabilitation. Good Luck! Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 3 of 7
mschang
Regular Contributor

when i finished rehabbing my loans all the double reporting disappearred. then i made a call to OC (citibank) and they changed every late to "OK" and status to pays as agreed. you'll be well rewarded at the end!

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 4 of 7
dlee
Established Member

If you default on a student loan, than your status on your credit report will show as "defaulted." However, if you enter a rehabilitation program, and successfully complete the rehabilitation program, you may contact the original servicer to have your status on your credit report changed to "transferred."

Message 5 of 7
mschang
Regular Contributor

anybody know what it says WHILE you're in deferment?

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 6 of 7
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

I defaulted on my student loans and my credit report says "Collection account, Student Loan"  It does not say defaulted.  I am currently in rehabilitation and they have updated my account to current activity but that is it.  I was told I need to complete all 9 months before anything negative is removed.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.