Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loans

Every time I got a student loan in college they created a new account, so I have about 7 studen loan accounts that say Closed, No missed payments because they transferred by loan to another borrower service. I'm guessing that the 7 closed accounts look bad on my credit. I was on Credit Karma and it shows that my account satus is poor because of all of those accounts. Any truth to this? Could I call trans union to get these taken off? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Student Loans

@Anonymous wrote:

Every time I got a student loan in college they created a new account, so I have about 7 studen loan accounts that say Closed, No missed payments because they transferred by loan to another borrower service. I'm guessing that the 7 closed accounts look bad on my credit. I was on Credit Karma and it shows that my account satus is poor because of all of those accounts. Any truth to this? Could I call trans union to get these taken off? Thanks!

Leave them alone they are like gold to Fico scoring. Disregard anything Credit Karma has to say, they dont use any closed accounts in any calculations. You never remove a closed positive account.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless they have lates(if the lates happened prior to 24 months ago they may not be showing, but they're there) or have defaulted they are FICO positives.  Credit Karma is on crack.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Leave them alone they are like gold to Fico scoring. Disregard anything Credit Karma has to say, they dont use any closed accounts in any calculations. You never remove a closed positive account.

+1. (or +850 if you prefer.) I have student loans TLs that were opened more than 15 years ago. They are now (hopefully) cushioning whatever blow to my AAoA caused by five recent new CC accounts. (Maybe it won't be so bad, but at least the seasoned TLs are there, just in case.)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.