cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loan baddie question

tag
Howlingcoyote

Student loan baddie question

My understanding is student loans must be reported 100% accurately.  However I noticed that for any student loan I've had, whenever it has been sold/transferred, etc. the old lender drops off.

My loans were transferred from Navient to Nelnet about 18 months ago.  Fortunately that was exactly the time I got caught up.  I have no baddies with Nelnet, which is reporting as two loans, with accurate balances.  Navient shows one loan, with 15 baddies.

Has anyone had success getting a transferred loan completely removed from their credit record?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student loan baddie question

It sounds like it is reporting accurately.  You had a loan with Navient that was past due.  Now you have a loan with Nelnet that is in good standing, correct?  If your past due's are during a time that you were actually in deferrment or something like that, you can probably dispute them.  If you just didn't pay them then you will need to try and GW Navient.  

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Student loan baddie question

If you have to go the GW route, I've read of a good mix of getting some removed. Ymmv but it is worth looking in to if it comes to that.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.