Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loan reported

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student loan reported

Okay, so if or the past 3 months I've been working on PFD collections accounts -
I've removed over 10 account and have just one collection left on each account. So, now I'm moving on to the more complex issues on my report.

I have student loans (4) that I defaulted on and went to collections. Wishing I rehabbed...but I wasn't caring about much at that time. I ended up with a wage garnishment and all debts have been settled now.

Is there any point in good willing these? Also, does the DOFD apply here or did the wage garnishment reset clock?

Second problem, I have a judgment from 2014 that is paid for $352. And says it will remain on my report until 2020. Is there anything I can do or do I just suffer the results of my stupidity?

And lastly, stupid 1st premier bank is reporting a charge off from 2013. Apparently there were 0 payments made on this account. I do not remember opening this account and have been driving myself mad wondering if I opened it or not. I tried to reach out for acct info but they wouldn't give me any and have me a non working number for Jefferson capital. I can't seem to even offer to pay this since it seems like a game of hot potato when I try to talk to someone. Suggestions?

I'm grateful for everyone's knowledge and advice!

-iPhone typing / sorry for any crazy autocorrects
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Student loan reported

If you legitimately can sign a sworn statement that you did not open the account, then you can file a police report, which will gain you two benefits.

First, you can send the police report to the CRA and get any negative reporting they have made blocked from your credit report under the provisions of FCRA 605B.

Second, you can also send a copy of the police report to the creditor and request any and all business records in their possession related to the opening and use of the account, as specfied under FCRA 609(e).  They then cannot refuse to provide those records, which will then enable you to assess the legtitmacy of the account.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.