Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loan reporting

tag
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

Student loan reporting

I had student loans through Citibank and defaulted on those, and then they went to ECMC. I then consolidated my student loans and pay them on time each month now. But, I now I have student loan accounts all over my CR. There are 4 from Citibank PLUS 4 more from ECMC, a Direct Loan that went into default, plus two current Direct Loans that are my consolidations. When I look at this, it tells me that it's 120+ days past due. Is there anything about this that is disputable? Any way that I won't have so many accounts on my CR?

Student Loan Account Ecmc

Status as of

Jun, 2011

Date of last activity

Dec, 2007

Account number

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Largest past balance

$1,692

Terms

(1 Month)

Account Type

Installment

Account holder

Individual

Industry

Miscellaneous

Descriptions

• Paid collection
  • Student loan

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance

Current Status

$0

120+ days past due

Seven year payment history

30 days late

0 times

60 days late

0 times

90+ days late

0 times

Worst Delinquency

None Reported

The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Student loan reporting

If it is paid it should not have a current status as 120+ past due.  It should say paid and closed.  Worst delinquency should say was 120+ days past due.

Message 2 of 7
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

Do I dispute this with the CRA's or do I go directly to ECMC and Citibank to ask them to change the status?

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would do a direct dispute under FCRA 623a(8) with the furnisher of the information.

Message 4 of 7
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

Thank you!!

Message 5 of 7
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

So, I called ECMC and they told me that I need to dispute with the CRA and then it will be updated. Is that a little odd?

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I wouldn't go that route for the simple fact you are limited to what you can say in a dispute with the CRA.  Then all they do is use eOscar for verification.  Doing the direct dispute with the OC will make them take care of it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.