Regular Contributor
johnsj21

Stupid AFNI!!!!!!!!!

I'm extremely frustrated right now with AFNI-Bloomington!!!  I sent a DV CMRR to them about 3 weeks ago for a collection (although it's not coded as a collection on my reports - just an account that is 120+ days late!!) - haven't heard back from them yet.  I got a Truecredit update today and they have placed ANOTHER account on my EQ report!!!  I have never received any dunning letters from AFNI - they just keep putting crap on my EQ.  I'll DV this one too, but I'm about to scream!!!!!!  I just paid down my CC balances and was hoping for a big score bump next month, but now with this additional AFNI account I doubt that will happen!

Idiots! :smileymad:

If these accounts acutally belong to me has anyone had any luck with PFD's with them??

9/26/08 TU: 528 EQ: 558 EX: 560
11/7/08 TU:584 EQ:601 EX 600
7/21/09 TU:636 EQ:626
12/27/11 TU: 675 EQ:680
Regular Contributor
oneboss302

Re: Stupid AFNI!!!!!!!!!

I have had no luck with PFD letters to them, BUT... I PIF 2 of them and then emailed recoveryteam@afni.com and asked them to delete since I PIF. they sent me letter 2 days later saying they requested the CRA's to delete accounts. Took about 7 days for TU and EQ to update and delete.
Established Member
prioritybubble

I also am having problems with AFNI.  I have the exact same situation as the OP.  I sent them a letter 3 weeks ago and still waiting for them to answer. 
Regular Contributor
oneboss302

I highly doubt they are going to answer. I sent mine out almost 6 weeks ago and have no response either.
Established Member
prioritybubble

So if they don't answer what is the next step?  Just mailing the credit reporting agencies a letter showing you sent a certified letter to AFNI and they didn't respond?  I disputed it online with the 3 CRA's but only TransUnion deleted it.  Equifax and Experian had that they confirmed it and kept it on but I don't think they actually did anything as the debt isn't mine!  Feels like I can't win with them on this AFNI mistake.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+