Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid Question RJM Acquisitions

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Stupid Question RJM Acquisitions

Ok, so about 5 years ago (I was in a bad place), I had an overdraft balance of $900.00ish, when I DV'd it (I was not enrolled in overdraft protection, the check should not have been paid), it was paid anyway, and to make a long story short, it ended up in collections. I entered a payment plan for like, $20 a month until PIF (with RJM), no biggie.

So here is my question, I pulled my report a few months back and requested that the RJM be updated to PAID AS AGREED (instead of collection $994 over and over again, after over a year of payments), and it was deleted completely the next month, from all 3 CRA's.

I still paid the account in full, and was not disputing the debt I just requested my payments being made be reflected correctly.

Is this normal? The entire trade just deleted? It is PIF for months now, but I have never had anyone to ask until now 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Stupid Question RJM Acquisitions

I wouldn't worry about it.  RJM is not one of the better CAs and they probably thought it would just be better to delete.

They should have shown a different balance or amount owed as you paid it but you got the best deal by them deleting.

Message 2 of 5
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, that is what I thought too!

Message 3 of 5
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

I had a small collections with RJM. I found them easy to deal with and they accepted my PFD on the first try. I assume that they just do this with most of their clients. Congrats!

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the delete.  Best possible outcome!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.