Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success! Collection Removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success! Collection Removed

I've been doing a lot to rebuild my credit and I had one open collection on file and one closed. The one that is closed is due to fall off in December and I've been working to get EE on that but haven't heard about it yet.

But for the open one I decided to pay it in full. They reported it as positive now and it's paid and closed. My scores went up about 8 points across the board for it but I decided I would send them a letter about removing it completely.

Sent it about a week ago and in the mail today I got the response that they will contact the credit bureaus and have it deleted!

Glad that one worked out cause it wasn't set to fall off until 2020.

Do any of you know what kind of bump I might get from that being removed? I'm just kind of curious and thank you all for the info on here. It's been helping A LOT!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Success! Collection Removed

Nice goingSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success! Collection Removed

Thanks! I figured I had a good chance of them removing it from my report but then again you just never know what you'll get these days.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.