Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Deletion with Financial Credit Network

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success Deletion with Financial Credit Network

My husband and I are trying to buy a house and this forum has been amazing. I thought I'd share my very first success. My husband has 4 negatives, including collection (paid and closed). I sent the GW letters last Friday thru certified mail and received a response today from Financial Credit Network for a previous PacBell account. They wrote that the necessary paperwork has been generated and forwarded to the credit reporting agencies instructing them to delete the above account from their records. Yay! 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success Deletion with Financial Credit Network

What did you GW say?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It basically said my husband has been a loyal customer of PacBell from 200X to 200X. He was contacted by Financial Credit Network in August 200X about a late payment, which he paid in November 200X. The lateness was due to the fact that he was laid off during that time and isn't an indication of his credit worthiness. And would they kindly remove the negative mention from all three credit reports. It was a crapshoot. I'm very surprised they agreed to quickly. 
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, congratulations on your success.

I have a following entry in my credit report. We are in pretty much situation like you, and are in the lookout to buy first home within the next several months and are trying to lift our score from low 600s. Should I try to contact financial credit network ( I got that name from the experian credit report i directly got from experian). By the way, what is GW ? And do you see this can backfire (means the whole issue comes to the top and gets reset)?and what documentation did you give ?

Thanks,

Sincerely

ksm.

Collection on debt to: Sbc Pacific Bel

The collection agency "182yc00084" was hired to collect a debt of $92 originally owed to "Sbc Pacific Bel" on account number "XXX2357".

Collection agency [?] 182yc00084

Original balance [?] $92

Current balance [?] $0

Status [?] Paid

Date assigned [?] Nov 01, 2004

Date reported [?] Jan 01, 2005

Date last active [?] Oct 01, 2004

Date paid [?] Not Reported

Date closed [?] Not Reported

Original lender [?] Sbc Pacific Bel

Account number [?] XXX2357

Type of account [?] Not Reported

Account holder [?] Individual

Type of credit [?] Not Reported

Payment status [?] Not Reported

Largest past balance [?] Not Reported

Amount past due [?] Not Reported

Account descriptions [?] Not Reported

Message 4 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, congratulations on your success.

I have a following entry in my credit report. We are in pretty much situation like you, and are in the lookout to buy first home within the next several months and are trying to lift our score from low 600s. Should I try to contact financial credit network ( I got that name from the experian credit report i directly got from experian). By the way, what is GW ? And do you see this can backfire (means the whole issue comes to the top and gets reset)?and what documentation did you give ?

Thanks,

Sincerely

ksm.

Collection on debt to: Sbc Pacific Bel

The collection agency "182yc00084" was hired to collect a debt of $92 originally owed to "Sbc Pacific Bel" on account number "XXX2357".

Collection agency [?] 182yc00084

Original balance [?] $92

Current balance [?] $0

Status [?] Paid

Date assigned [?] Nov 01, 2004

Date reported [?] Jan 01, 2005

Date last active [?] Oct 01, 2004

Date paid [?] Not Reported

Date closed [?] Not Reported

Original lender [?] Sbc Pacific Bel

Account number [?] XXX2357

Type of account [?] Not Reported

Account holder [?] Individual

Type of credit [?] Not Reported

Payment status [?] Not Reported

Largest past balance [?] Not Reported

Amount past due [?] Not Reported

Account descriptions [?] Not Reported

ksm01...I saw this was your first post, so I thought I'd send & link you to some great information.  It's best to educate yourself first beforeyou try to fix anything. 

First read the link "frequently requested threads" in my sig block.  Excellent info (not that I wrote any of it! Smiley Wink )

Also, you can get your 3 free yearly reports at the free report link.

Last but not least...read & save that guide to common abbreviations.  That will explain the "GW" among a host of other things.

Come on back...Smiley Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.