Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success! EE from TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success! EE from TU

As some of you may have seen from my more recent posts that I've been working on getting the collection accounts removed from my credit reports. I was able to get EX cleared from the 2 that I had on file. I only had to work on TU and EQ, which both were showing 2 as well. I got 1 removed from both by getting the CA to remove the medical collection I had because I had PIF.

Which just left me with the old collection that was PIF from Sprint like 6 years ago that was due to fall off in December. I knew that I probably had a good shot at getting it removed with TU because it seems like everyone has good luck with TU. It was weird though because I had submitted it online and it took them literally the whole 30 days before they updated the status online. Even then, the status just stated that my request needed to be manually reviewed and that I would get a letter in the mail.

I just pulled my free credit report for the year from TU and it now shows all collections as being removed. I assume that means that they went ahead and removed it for me. Now I just have to get EQ to remove that collection. I've read how some people have had bad luck with them over the phone and online, so I think that I am just going to send them a letter in the mail and continue to do so each month until it's removed. Even though I know that most if not all the time they make you wait until at least 30 days prior to when it is going to fall off.

No reason not to try!

I'm so glad that I got my head out of my arse and found this place. It feels so good to finally be doing something good with my credit and getting things in order. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Success! EE from TU

Congrats on the EE!  I had success (eventually) with all bureaus over the phone, I just had to speak with a supervisor every single time.  But I was also able to get it done right away 24-72hrs for updated report if not immediate!  Good luck and congrats again!  If it wasn't for the forum I wouldn't have even known what at EE was!!!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I had no idea about EE either. It's why I'm so thankful to have finally opened my eyes and found this place.
Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go VBSmiley Happy Only question left is whats an arseSmiley WinkLol
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had to use different words since my son has turned into a little parrot haha!
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know when you should expect to see the score jump? Didn't know if it would be instant or not.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Afaik: removals should show an instant boost.
Message 7 of 14
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Where are you monitoring your scores from?
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I monitor my scores with my membership here. The only thing I've had so far is deceases of about 3-18 points in each report since the updated status on collections being removed.

Isn't that an indication of rebuckecting?
Message 9 of 14
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

mine were instant

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.