Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success .. ERC Collection Removal

tag
swoops0823
Established Member

Success .. ERC Collection Removal

Just sharing my success story.

Had an AT&T bill with ERC. It was previous owned by another company, the name I forget but it began with an 'S' i'm pretty sure.

I was getting ready to deploy a few months ago and received a phone call the day before I left in regards to the account. Long story short, they transferred the account over, told me if I paid by the end of the month they wouldn't report it. I got a manager on the phone, settled for 40% of the total amount. I didn't have the time to dispute.

After the payment cleared and I had left, I requested a document saying it was paid and settled. They emailed it to me same day. The collection was removed from the first company since two companies can't report the same debt, and the second company never reported. Actually there was a goof where they did report it, I emailed them showing them payment and their document, and they took the account off all the bureaus within three days.

I guess it's a loophole. As it was told to me, collection companies transfer accounts sometimes every six months. In that gap, if you pay it, even for a lesser amount, the entire collection history and tradeline will be deleted.

I worked directly with a manager at ERC.

Deployed Army Lieutenant
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: June 2014: EQ - 597, TU - 590, EX - 598
January 2015: EX - 655 (Citi Card) TU - 699 (Walmart) 657 (Cap One)
June 2017 EX - 710 TU 720 EQ - 719
--------------------------------------------
Military Star 5660 Walmart 1500 Cap1 Secured 750 Citi Prestige 3200 Citi Forward 6960 NFCU nRewards 18000 Cap 1 Venture 10000 Cap1 QS One 2000 BOA 5500 NavCheck 15000 Penfed 7000 Penfed PLOC 10000 Chase MWR 500 USAA MC 2800 AMEX BCE 3900 Discover it 3500 AMEX PRG AMEX Platinum
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Sebian
Established Member

Re: Success .. ERC Collection Removal

I also just took care of an at&t collection with enhanced recovery myself two days ago. They also told me that since I've taken care of it before they began reporting that they will not report it. I just hope they remember to refrain from reporting so I can leave that collection in the dirt where it belongs. LoL

Good stuff!

In the garden we are a growin!
Message 2 of 5
swoops0823
Established Member

yeah worked pretty well for me. Just make sure to check. If they do report it, forward their customer care a copy of your paid in full letter and explain your situation. Then they'll remove.

Deployed Army Lieutenant
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: June 2014: EQ - 597, TU - 590, EX - 598
January 2015: EX - 655 (Citi Card) TU - 699 (Walmart) 657 (Cap One)
June 2017 EX - 710 TU 720 EQ - 719
--------------------------------------------
Military Star 5660 Walmart 1500 Cap1 Secured 750 Citi Prestige 3200 Citi Forward 6960 NFCU nRewards 18000 Cap 1 Venture 10000 Cap1 QS One 2000 BOA 5500 NavCheck 15000 Penfed 7000 Penfed PLOC 10000 Chase MWR 500 USAA MC 2800 AMEX BCE 3900 Discover it 3500 AMEX PRG AMEX Platinum
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you pm the manager number you used to get the tradeline removed?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Could you pm the manager number you used to get the tradeline removed?

He did not get it removed, he paid/settled it BEFORE it was reported, right after it was transferred from another CA. This is usually VERY easy to do.

Ordinarily they will agree not to report if you pay promptly.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.