Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success So Far.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success So Far.

Started reading these boards back in September and read for about a month prior to taking any action aside from getting my reports and figuring out where I stood.  It was not too good. 3 Charge offs, and a LOT of late pays.

Started with simply removing all old addresses via online disputes at the big 3, then  sent verification requests to the big 3.

So far my scores have gone up an average of 55 points in one month! 

Last week sent out GW letter to one creditor.  This week sent out PFDs and GW letters to 4 creditors.  Luckily I have some money saved up to pay all of the debts if necessary, but want to do it the best way that will benefit my score.

Look forward to more success.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success So Far.

Also applied for and received NFCU secured card.  They started reporting immediately and I think that may have had a nice effect on my score.  They also pulled credit.

Message 2 of 7
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Very nice! Congrats on 55 points so far. I want to try to get in with NFCU. My Grandfather recently passed and had a military like burial, he was in the coast guard. I am pretty sure if he got buried with honor like that that it should count as the Coast Guard Officer Program? I'll have to check, but I imagine it's going to be a pain with him being deceased and me having no other information.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

sphinx, call them and ask.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 7
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 7
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Congrats Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 6 of 7
haapril
Contributor

Wow...that is great, but I am a little confuse....does having old address removed from crei
Do it report increase your score? Please explain if so. I am on the road to recoverery

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.