Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success and then another baddie

tag
africanqueen

Success and then another baddie

Hi everyone

so I started rebuilding my credit in 2008 when I found this board, and I read a lot about other people's situations and how the regulars helped them. Well then in the middle of rebuilding I lost my job and all hell broke loose. I put rebuilding on the back burner but now I am back with a vengeance. I want to buy a house end of this year. I did DV a couple of things and 3 came back verified and 4 were deleted. Let me tell you CA are some rude people, and they do not care even if you explain. So with the four that were deleted I had to call the OC and they looked up their records and sure enough all payments were made on time, and to think one of the collections was for a measily $22 from a radiology company. Well I have had some success but one CA Enhanced Recovery Solutions keeps sneaking back every few months when I DV and dispute with CRAs. My points have gone up a bit, but I need EXP and EQ to go up a bit. Here is my problem: I applied for the Cap 1 and Hooters card and was declined even though I told then that the baddies were deleted, well when I applied I did not know the baddies were there. Can I forward them my reports or should I let it go since I already have two inquiries on my reports. I have one card with Macy's which they decreased the credit limit drastically, so I paid it in full and do not use it any more, and I love Macy's but I am waiting for them to increase the credit before I buy anything with them anymore. So what should I do,  I am trying to get the other 3 deletd and I am waiting for the replies from the CEO; whom I wrote letters to. And 1st Premier CEO office called me back after  I left a message and they are looking into it, so I have my fingers crossed.

Starting Score(4/6/10): EQ: 556 -- TU: 613-- EX: 525
Current Score (4/21/10): EQ: 551 -- TU: 629-- EX: ???
Goal Score (12/31/10): EQ: 700 -- TU: 700 -- EX: 700

To all rebuilding just keep on the good work and never ever give up.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Success and then another baddie

If the CRA deletes due to a dispute they have to notify you within 5 days of the reinsertion.

I would send the CA that keeps re-reporting a letter telling them you intend to sue them if they continue to report without validating.  It is a violation of the FDCPA.

Message 2 of 7
africanqueen

I will do so, thanks.

I have had some success. RJM agreed to pay for delete and i will pay 60% of the bill.

The sprint phone bill from 2006 for $126 which Enhanced recovery solutions was collecting is deleted. I asked Sprint to take it back from them and they did, paid Sprint and its off. It pays to contact the OC to see if they will work with you if the CA won't do it.

I DV'd Amsher with T-Mobile bill and they forwarded it to an attorney and he called me today wanting to settle the debt so i said well i sent you a DV letter, you have to validate, and he says i do not have to do anything and i said i will communicate with you through the mail only, so mail me what you just said in a letter and he said we are going to sue, So does this mean they are going forward with litigation. They are in Alabama, and i'm in FL.

Failure is not an option and I am going to buy my house by the end of the year.

Message 3 of 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

It sounds like he is trying to scare you.  And that he's hoping you'll blink.  Worst case: they do file a suit, you pay them in full to drop it.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
africanqueen

OMG, i have a macys card and they no loner report the limit, and i had a 0 balance on it, well lo and behold i spent $7 and i have a 40 point jump. Wow from 563  to 603, well i am in lala land. Hope they keep climbing coz i need to but a hse.

Message 5 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@africanqueen wrote:

OMG, i have a macys card and they no loner report the limit, and i had a 0 balance on it, well lo and behold i spent $7 and i have a 40 point jump. Wow from 563  to 603, well i am in lala land. Hope they keep climbing coz i need to but a hse.

Congrats! Are you sure something else didn't change on your report(s)?Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 7
africanqueen

Thank you

Well score watch showed me that the macys card showed a $7 balance from zero, and that is why i had the increase, but another thing i saw was that a collection from amsher was deleted, but i did not see any jump in scores and score watch did not alert me. I dv'd amsher and their lawyers and they  did not respond, sent them another letter and they deleted the account, and sold it to another lawyer.  The new lawyer sent me a letter and i just dv'd it. man i amwaiting to be in the 700 club. This is too sweet.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.