Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success in getting MD tax lien vacated

tag
JussJoss
Valued Member

Success in getting MD tax lien vacated

Thank you guys so much, I never would have thought it could be removed prior to just aging off after 7 or 10 years.  But after reading the post and hearing about others success with the state of MD I figured what could it hurt.   It's from 2013 so it would have been on my credit report until at least 2020.  Now I just have to wait a month or two for it to come off and see if there will be any change in my credit score... YAYYYYY 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Success in getting MD tax lien vacated

Sweet!   Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 2 of 5
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

I hear ya! A little persistence goes A LONG WAY!!!!

Congrats, I had to keep an eye on my credit report and followed up with CSR's from ALL 3 AGENCIES before it was FINALLY deleted.  I had to file a dispute with all 3 CRA's before they were gone.  Attaching the document from the state to each dispute.  It didn't magically disappear unfortunately.

Been there, done that!

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Chilli
Established Contributor

CONGRATS a!

i know the feeling...I got just mine vacated a couple of months ago. GREAT JOB!

Message 4 of 5
JussJoss
Valued Member

I made a copy of the withdrawl and mailed it to all 3 credit agencies on last Friday.  I'll wait a month and if still reporting I'll start a dispute the agencies still reporting the lien

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.