Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success via Better Business Bureau

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success via Better Business Bureau

I just wanted to post the following information for anyone that is having problems disputing things with the credit bureaus etc.  I was having problems getting someone at Citi to remove a consumer dispute statement from my credit reports.  I was able to get the dispute comment removed from Equifax but the other two required Citi to request for the removal.  I filed disputes requesting that they have Citi remove the dispute comments but with no success.  

On 02/01/12 I filed a complaint towards Citi with the BBB.  I explained that I needed the dispute comment removed from all three bureaus and that I was not able to reach anyone with Citi that could help me.  I received a letter in the mail today from Citi dated 02/10/12 that they received my inquiry and that they have contacted all three bureaus requesting that the comment be removed.  This is great because I now also have a letter that I can send to the bureaus if needed and for when we go through the underwriting for our home.  : )

I actually was able to get ahold of someone with Citi executive offices around the 4th or 5th that requested for the comments to be removed but it is nice to know that if I had not gotten a call from her that the issue still would have been resolved.  Just thought that others that are having the same problems may want to try filing a complaint/dispute with BBB.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Re: Success via Better Business Bureau

Great advice!  Glad you had success.

Message 2 of 4
r1lukasz
New Contributor

I just call citi like 2 days ago and the ask them to remove dispute comment  from report since I did not dispute anything in first place , some lady agree and was told that its gone take 30-60 days to update new info, but then when I ask to mail me this in writing that they gone remove comment she denied and just ask me to wait 30-60 day should I just call CB and ask them to take this off? Im not so shure that it will take that long

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually got notice two days later from one of my credit watch sites that the change took place on one of my bureaus.  When I spoke with the lady in the executive offices she told me she was taking care of it that day and however she did it ...it ended up being almost immediate on atleast one of my bureaus.  Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.