Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success via phone for gw????

tag
brentlamb6708
Valued Member

Success via phone for gw????

Has anyone ever gotten a gw deletion or a pfd over the phone? Also who should I ask to speak with.... What department handles gw pfd...

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 2/04/2012 611
Goal Score: 10/01/2012 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success via phone for gw????

I recommend sending a letter in writing to the owner of the company because you want to address your concerns to the person in power.  This is what has worked the best for me.

Message 2 of 6
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

how do you find the owner of a company? Like there are a few that were small finance collections places locally that i want to try and take care of. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous_vanskike wrote:

how do you find the owner of a company?

I have always used Hoovers -- you can find listings for most companies on their website.  Just click here to go directly to the listings of companies from A--Z.

Hope this helps! 

Message 4 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Yes, I had three medical collections GW'd via phone.   They were gone within just a few days from my reports.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, plenty of telephoned GW success out there.

If aiming for a PFD, keep it in writing. There are dozens of stories on here of CSR's forgetting about the agreement with them to delete after a payment.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.