Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success with IC Systems!!!

tag
need2improve
New Contributor

Success with IC Systems!!!

Hi all,

I just wanted to share that I bit the bullet and called IC Systems this morning about an old collection on my account.  The collection was indeed correct, and I just wanted to get it over with for once and for all.  They accepted less than the amount owed, and sent it to be removed from my credit reports today.  Woo hoo!  I'll check in a couple days to make sure it has been removed.  They were very very nice and extremely easy to work with.  I wish all collections were this easy and nice!

Starting Score: 486 TU 3/2/10
Current Score: TU 603 EQ 582
Goal Score: 640

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success with IC Systems!!!

Congrats! Please update to let us know if it was indeed removed from your credit reports.
Message 2 of 6
need2improve
New Contributor

Yup! It was indeed removed from my credit reports! 😀😀

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long did it take to be removed? I have a quick question, you mentioned that they took less than the total amount, mine was originally 50$ but now is at 275$; Do you think they will take half of 275$ or less for pfd? By how much lower was yours? Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
need2improve
New Contributor

Mine was $202 and I offered $150. They sent a letter confirming zero balance for my records and removed it from my credit reports immediately

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@need2improve wrote:
Mine was $202 and I offered $150. They sent a letter confirming zero balance for my records and removed it from my credit reports immediately

Wow, thanks for the response. I will try to offer less as well. I will be doing this on Monday. I hope to report good results as well. Since mine is old and due to fall off next year I don't know if it will have much impact on my scores, but here is to hoping. :-)

How new was yours if you don't mind me asking need2improve?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.