Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success!

tag
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Success!

I just wanted to share a success story. I started in 2007 attempting to repair my credit. I had an intial low score of around 450. I mistakenly paid off a bunch of collections and therefore they were stuck there. In April, I reached a score of 700 and bought a house. Then this month, 2/3 of my last collections fell off, but suddenly a new collection from Equidata popped up on my reports for $33 in regards to a Cox communications account that I cancelled when I moved. I had to return equipment and when I did and the phone calls stopped, I didn't realize there was a balance for the service. The collection showed up, and I paid cox in full directly. Today I called the collection agency and the lady I spoke with was VERY pleasant and immediately told me she was going to do me a huge favor and delete the account from my reports! Not mark paid in full, DELETED! I'm so happy, I was getting close to 750 and now it looks like I will achieve it!
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success!

Great Work!

I know it's nice for others to see that taking action can bring positive results.

Message 2 of 3
Azumi1
Regular Contributor

Re: Success!

Congrats Smiley Happy
From 566 in 8/2012 to..

EQ 704 /TU 690 / EX 730

Discover IT 6000, Amex BCE 10000, FNBO Amex 3500, Cap 1 platinum 2000, Walmart Discover 5000, Orchard Bank platinum 3000, Best Buy 5000, Merrick Bank 1600, Target Visa 700
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.