Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success!

Today I got home from work and checked my email to find an approval from capital one for a $500 limit with the credit step (5 month on time increase)! I've been building my credit up since February and kinda started to get impatient last week and applied for a real card (have a secured with them). I was initially denied, but I emailed the EO and also the Facebook page asking for reconsideration. 5 days later I received the news! I am a little P.O.ed at US bank as the denied me and denied the manual review... I've had an account with them for a year and a secured card for 4 months. But I'll take this victory for now! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success!

Don't feel bad, US Bank has kicked me to the curb twice, and I've been a member for two years. But Cap One is a great starter card. Use the card a lot, pay it down each month, and be sure to request a CLI after your third statement - don't wait for credit steps to kick in. After it hits your reports go app for a second card.

Message 2 of 4
bestchoiceglobal
Contributor

Yeah absolutely don't feel bad. I've had an account for 5 years and a secured card for 2 years with US Bank. They are tough. Congrats on your Cap1 card, your relationship will grow quickly with them Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have loved my secured card. I'm still waiting on the review for the QS card, but I don't suspect I'll get approved.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.