Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful AFNI/Verizon deletion!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Successful AFNI/Verizon deletion!!

I sent an email to AFNI and asked for a PFD after I sent a DV letter and they indeed verified the $500+ debt. They replied in less than 24 hours saying, "This letter is to verify that we have filed a request with the redit bureaus to delete the account listed above from your credit report!  Man, that made my day!  The item is now gone from all three bureaus!  Yippee!

Thanks to all who share so much valuable information here!Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
newstart2010
Blogger

Re: Successful AFNI/Verizon deletion!!

So they verified, then you got them to send you the PFD contract, and they sent that after you paid them?  Have you verified that they have removed it?

I have 4 accounts with them that need to be removed so I really hope they are as great to work with for me!!  Who did you work with?  Do you have a name and email you can PM me?  That would be awesome!!!

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congragulations!!!  I just sent them a CMRRR DV letter for the same OC/Verizon today!  Would you please send me the email address and contact information you used?  My debt is just about the same amount as yours is.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a DV then emailed the attached PFD.  They simply replied by email the same day that they would delete.  It was gone from all three bureaus within a day!  I  did not pay at all!  (I had been leary to post this because it seemed too good to be true!) I would have paid it but they didn't ask for payment.  The debt was from 2006.

The email I used was: 

recoveryteam@afni.com

Afni

404 Brock Drive

P.O. Box 3427

Bloomington, IL 61702-3427

Re: Collection Account for Verizon Original Account #: XXXXX

Afni Account # XXXXX

Amount: $581.56

To Whom It May Concern:

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL  if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of five hundred eighty-one dollars and fifty six cents ($581.56) will be sent to Afni in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

Afni  agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, Afni will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Afni. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

Name

Address

City, State, Zip

email

AFNI's Reply

404 Brock Drive

January 20, 2010    

P.O. Box Bloomington, IL  61702-3427

Bloomington, IL  61702-3427

Afni, Inc. Account #:  XXXXXXX

Name

Original Creditor:       VERIZON WIRELESS

Address

City, State, Zip

Creditor Account #:   XXXXXXX

Social Security:         XXX-XX-XXXX

Balance Due:             $581.56

This letter is to verify that we have filed a request with the credit bureaus to delete the account listed above from your credit report.

If you have any questions, please contact our office toll free at 1-888-827-6002 Monday through Friday 7am – 9pm CST.
Message 4 of 22
goldenboy
Established Member

i just received the same email, they didn't request payment which i find super weird. Have you verified that they actually removed it off the credit reports? or are they waiting for payment before they sent that out to the CRA's?
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess they are feeling very generous!  I have verified removal from all three bureaus!  I use TrueCredit and MyFico.  Started an online dispute with Equifax to see if it was still there and it is indeed gone. 
Message 6 of 22
BaddebtKing
New Contributor

Excellent letter steph70! Worked for me also!!! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ 730 -- TU 763
Current Score: EQ 764 -- Walmart TU FICO 9/6/11 775
Goal Score: EQ 800 -- TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Baddebtking - I can't take credit for the letter....I got it here.  Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 22
BaddebtKing
New Contributor

I love this place... wish I'd found it a long time ago! Smiley Wink

THANK YOU MY FICO! THANKS ALSO TO ALL WHO SHARE HERE!

Now back to work on the real baddies...............

Message Edited by BaddebtKing on 01-27-2010 02:36 PM

Starting Score: EQ 730 -- TU 763
Current Score: EQ 764 -- Walmart TU FICO 9/6/11 775
Goal Score: EQ 800 -- TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 22
goldenboy
Established Member

how long from the time that you got the email to the deletion from the credit bureaus?
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.