cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Capital One Derog. Removal.

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Successful Capital One Derog. Removal.

@Juan123 wrote:

Hey Everyone! It's been a long long time since i've strolled these forums looking for some guidance and today i'm here to share a success story on behalf of my girlfriend. 

I'd just like to begin by saying THANK YOU! to everyone on the forums who helped me a long the way to fixing my credit (which is now in the mid 700's) all the guidance and advice i was given has helped shape my credit life and personal life. I joined these forums 4 years ago when i was 20 years old and down in the dumps. Now im 24 and on the road to purchasing my first home!

Now on to the story. As a former capital one bank employee i am well aware of how stingy capital one can be with almost anything, whether it be a credit line increase or a simple consolidation of credit cards it can feel like pulling teeth, but this story just proves that being a bit persistant and speaking to the right people is all that it takes.

Early August of 2014, my GF was going through some hardships where she was unable to get approved for ANYTHING besides those last resort orchard bank cards with 29.99% interest rate and $200 fee's before you even activate. I sat down with her and went over some of the things i learned from you guys, first step is to of course look at your credit report and pull a REAL Fico credit score. 

After getting her credit score it was in the 560's, her only two open accounts were both from capital one bank and were late 120+ days but the total balances were a measly $700. This may not seem like a lot to most people but living in NYC where everything costs an arm and a leg $700 is A LOT of money. 

Being a former employee of Capital One, i am aware of quite a few emails that will get you to the appropriate people that can handle a situation like this. I sat her down, had her write an e-mail with sincerity and honesty about what she was going through and she sent it off around Mid August.

Two days later she got a reply from a lady i will now call Becky. From reading the e-mail my girlfriend received we immediately could tell that we got someone who genuinely cares and will help us on our journey to fixing my girlfriends credit.

After a few e-mails back and forth Becky told my girlfriend that she will get a letter in the mail in 7-10 business days outlining what her options are, so we waited.

The very next day a Fedex Next-Day Air came. Inside was an envelope and inside the envelope was a 2 page hand written letter from Becky. The jist of the letter without going into to much details was about how Becky went through the exact same thing that my girlfriend went through and how she took it upon herself to have all her negatives removed from her credit report.

At this point, tears swelled up in my girlfriends eyes and all i could do was smile.

3 Weeks later, 2 credit cards and a loan approval later my girlfriend is sitting on a 690 credit score. 

Sometimes all it takes is persistance and a bit of luck!

Thanks for reading and good luck everyone!

Grats to both of you, well done Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, can you please pm me the contact information you used to contact capital one please?

Message 12 of 21
skidz
Valued Member

Can you pm me the email address too please
Message 13 of 21
bakkenluvr429

Would you please pm me the email address?  I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Message 14 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Everyone should use this information to contact the Capital 1 EO. Its the first entry on the search.

Let me Google that for you  http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Juan123 wrote:

Hey Everyone! It's been a long long time since i've strolled these forums looking for some guidance and today i'm here to share a success story on behalf of my girlfriend. 

I'd just like to begin by saying THANK YOU! to everyone on the forums who helped me a long the way to fixing my credit (which is now in the mid 700's) all the guidance and advice i was given has helped shape my credit life and personal life. I joined these forums 4 years ago when i was 20 years old and down in the dumps. Now im 24 and on the road to purchasing my first home!

Now on to the story. As a former capital one bank employee i am well aware of how stingy capital one can be with almost anything, whether it be a credit line increase or a simple consolidation of credit cards it can feel like pulling teeth, but this story just proves that being a bit persistant and speaking to the right people is all that it takes.

Early August of 2014, my GF was going through some hardships where she was unable to get approved for ANYTHING besides those last resort orchard bank cards with 29.99% interest rate and $200 fee's before you even activate. I sat down with her and went over some of the things i learned from you guys, first step is to of course look at your credit report and pull a REAL Fico credit score. 

After getting her credit score it was in the 560's, her only two open accounts were both from capital one bank and were late 120+ days but the total balances were a measly $700. This may not seem like a lot to most people but living in NYC where everything costs an arm and a leg $700 is A LOT of money. 

Being a former employee of Capital One, i am aware of quite a few emails that will get you to the appropriate people that can handle a situation like this. I sat her down, had her write an e-mail with sincerity and honesty about what she was going through and she sent it off around Mid August.

Two days later she got a reply from a lady i will now call Becky. From reading the e-mail my girlfriend received we immediately could tell that we got someone who genuinely cares and will help us on our journey to fixing my girlfriends credit.

After a few e-mails back and forth Becky told my girlfriend that she will get a letter in the mail in 7-10 business days outlining what her options are, so we waited.

The very next day a Fedex Next-Day Air came. Inside was an envelope and inside the envelope was a 2 page hand written letter from Becky. The jist of the letter without going into to much details was about how Becky went through the exact same thing that my girlfriend went through and how she took it upon herself to have all her negatives removed from her credit report.

At this point, tears swelled up in my girlfriends eyes and all i could do was smile.

3 Weeks later, 2 credit cards and a loan approval later my girlfriend is sitting on a 690 credit score. 

Sometimes all it takes is persistance and a bit of luck!

Thanks for reading and good luck everyone!

Juan - Would you mind PM-ing me the email address you used? Would be awfully nice to reach a compassionate person to remove a couple lates on my record.

Message 16 of 21
jrrsmith18
Contributor

@Juan123, can i get that email as well? I've been contacting the EO by phone at Cap One for about a year (give them a call like every month), still not giving up and just looking for more ways to contact someone who can help.

Message 17 of 21
Juan123
Established Contributor

*Wipes sweat off brow*

I believe i responded to all 45 private messages, i hope it works out for everyone! Good luck!

and thanks everybody Smiley Very Happy 

If you still need the emails, just PM me and i'll reply (sooner or later)

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 18 of 21
missxb
Established Member

Juan123, can you please send me the contact information also?

Started 9/2/2014: EQ - 498, TU - 586, EX - 540
02/08/16: EQ - 731, TU - 700, EX - 682

Goal #1: 650 on all three by July 2015 (Goal Reached 6/9/2015!)
Goal #2: 700 on all three by July 2016
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Great News for your girlfriend! Would you be able to PM me the email address as well, and maybe some advice on what to write.  I am working on removing 1 30 day late from Capital One right now.  No sucess yet.  TIA

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.