Re: Successful Goodwill Letter - GE MoneyBank

May I pleas have the contact email also?? I just have 2 lates from 2008. Thxs

Message 21 of 60
RW771
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
RW771,

Thanks for the info. I sent them a GW email and got a call within minutes from an extremely rude lady who seemed to find it amusing that I was requesting a GW gesture! She was so rude and informed that they just don't do that. Grrrrrrr!!! I hate GEMB

I'm sorry you had to deal with them! I've dealt with some pretty rude companies before, but GEMB sure takes the cake! I've never felt so strongly about hating a company so much! Maybe just keep trying and eventually they'll decide to have some mercy and maybe give in? Hopefully you'll eventually have some luck with these folks. We ended up spending a little more on some Samsung appliances, but I know they're some of the best, and better than that, NOT GE!!!!

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 22 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I had one 60-day delinquency that was dragging my score down to 713. I wrote one carefully crafted letter and within three weeks the item was dropped from my credit report and my score is now 774!!! HALLELUJAH!!!! Happy Dance :-D

Congrats Smiley Happy  Could you PM me the address you used?  Thanks!

Message 23 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would very much love to have the GEMB contact info please! Thank in advanceRobot Happy

Message 24 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could someone PM me the information as well? Did anyone get the letter the OP was successful with? 

I'm very frustrated as I have a 15+ year good credit history, but am looking to buy a home right now, and a single over 30-days late payment on this GE card is bringing my score down under the threshold that will cost me a whopping 1% more in interest rate. I have 2 previous mortgages with not a single late payment, years of credit cards paid on the nose, etc. It's just crazy that all that good history means so little if you get a negative on your report (well,my debt ratio is a tad high but it was this late payment that really dropped my score like a lead weight).  

The one I have is an Amazon store credit card, and I got it confused with my other Amazon rewards card, hence missed a payment. They didn't contact me or do anything to let me know the way other credit cards have, before nailing my credit report. I won't ever be using it again that's for sure. 

Message 25 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just FYI, I did indeed get GE Money to agree to remove the one late payment from my credit report, I basically just explained how I'd mixed it up with another card by the same name, and had several cards with them with over 5 years of always paying on time. So they agreed to a one-time removal of the late item. 

Message 26 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

may i have the contact info as well

Message 27 of 60
creditjail
Regular Contributor

Could you PM me the contact you used to get the late removed

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Message 28 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please pm me this contact info?  Thank you!!

Message 29 of 60
CBattle
Established Member

I know this is an older thread, but I am just now getting into repairing my credit (along with my wife's).  We have 2 lates from GE Capital Retail Bank where my bank's payment was returned due to invalid acct # on the check.  I am writing a GW letter along with bank statements showing the returned payments.  Is there an email address I can directly send these to?  It seems like people don't have much luck sending to their PO Box.

Thanks in advance

Starting 2/27/13 - EQ: 608 (Beacon 5, FICO) ; TU: 566 (Classic 04, FICO) ; EX: 560 (Fair Isaac V2, FICO)
Update 8/14/13 - EQ: 605 (FICO) ; TU: 621 (FICO) ; EX: 605 (FICO)
Message 30 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.