Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Transunion Early Exclusion [Update: 84 Point Score Increase!]

tag
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Successful Transunion Early Exclusion [Update: 84 Point Score Increase!]

I have a small paid judgment ($366) in my credit history that is due to drop off my TU and EX reports in June of 2016. This judgment has never shown up on my Equifax report, for whatever reason, and you can see the difference between that score and my others in my signature. [EQ = 831, TU = 754, EX = 761 at the time of this posting]

All three of my reports are identical, other than this judgment that shows on Transunion and Experian. I find it hard to believe that such an old, small judgment could be having such a huge impact on my scores, but that's really the only difference between EQ and TU/EX. 

At any rate, I decided to call TU this morning to request an early exclusion (EE) for the judgment, using advice I gleaned from the MyFICO forums.

I called the TU 800 number, and told the CSR who answered that I needed to speak with a supervisor. He asked why, and I said that I was told that only a supervisor would be able to assist me. He asked a couple of different times/ways, but I was very pleasant and apologized for my insistence, explaining that I was calling from work and had limited time for my call and that transferring me to a supervisor sooner rather than later would be a huge help to me.

He asked if it was ok to put me on hold. I said, "Of course!" and thanked him.

About two minutes later, a supervisor came on the line and asked what he could help me with. I said, "I'm calling to request an early exclusion today on an obsolete account." He asked me for my SS#, and to verify my current name and address. Then he asked me which account on my report I was calling about. I told him that it was the XYZ County judgment. He said, "I do see that here, and I see that it will be coming off your report in May of 2016."

At that point, I was worried that he was going to tell me that I just need to be patient. Instead, he said, "Since this entry will be coming off your report very soon anyway, I will go ahead and remove that for you today. You will receive a report showing the changes in the mail. Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

I was pretty dumbfounded! The entire process took less than five minutes. Painless. Easy peasy. THAT was a first. LOL!

I am eager to see what difference, if any, this makes in my credit scores. I would LOVE to see my Transunion soar into the 800s, but it's such an old judgment and the amount is so small, I can't imagine that I will get that many points from it. But it sure does feel awesome after all this time to have TWO CRs that are clean as a whistle.

Maybe I will try Experian in April... Maybe not. They scare me.

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Successful Transunion Early Exclusion

Ha, don't be afraid of Experian. I just called them last week and asked the CSR to verify if my item was indeed coming off next month and if I could have it off sooner. She took about half a minute to look at it and then just said, "Yeah, yeah, we can remove it. It'll take 24-72 hours. Anything else we can do for you today?" I didn't even need a supervisor.

I've heard they don't do it earlier than that, but if it's not off by April, you should definitely call them and ask. I didn't even give her any reasons why I needed it. Maybe I was lucky? But my score hasn't gone up with them yet, phooey.

Message 2 of 27
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

You are so brave! LOL! Have you been able to determine that they did, indeed, remove it from your report? Also, was it the only baddie left on your report?

I'm hoping against hope that because my baddie is the last one, and that it's in a major baddie category (public record) that I'll see a huge score jump. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment, but logically that should be the case.

I guess until March rolls around, I'll amuse myself by obsessing over the one TU is removing and any associated score changes. lol

Message 3 of 27
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

I keep hoping that something will trigger an alert (I have the 3B monitoring service here) so that I can find out if my score changed and by how much.

This is killing me.  LOL!

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success.  

I think I messed up.  I did not ask for a supervisor when I called TU and the customer service person I talked to said she only can take disputes.  So I did a dispute on getting items due to come off in 4 & 5 months as too old.  I hope that doesn't come back to bite me.  

Message 5 of 27
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Successful Transunion Early Exclusion [Update: 84 Point Score Increase!]

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer, so I pulled my TU report here at MyFICO.

838. That's a jump of 84 points.

Go me Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@gamegrrl wrote:

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer, so I pulled my TU report here at MyFICO.

838. That's a jump of 84 points.

Go me Smiley Very Happy

Fantastic, welcome to the 800 club Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 27
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!!!! Now I have two out of three CRAs in the 800s. Just need to be patient and wait until I can EE that last thing on Experian! March, I think.

[Edited to add: I just got off the phone with Experian. I wanted to know the actuall fall-off date. Now I know it's June 10th.]

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get the EE from Experian?

I called them earlier today about items scheduled to come off in February and March. They told me they could not do an EE only launch an investigation that would take up to 30 days. I called back and got the same message. Asked for a supervisor and after 10 minutes of holding was disconnected without ever speaking to a supervisor.

TU was so easy. Less than a 10 minute phone call to get items removed 5 months in advance of the fall off date!

Message 9 of 27
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

I haven't gotten an EE from Experian. My drop-off date for my item is June 10th, as they told me. I will try again March 11th.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.