cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful app spree ... now off to the garden!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Successful app spree ... now off to the garden!

So I updated my first thread ever here the other day ... basically I'm a year into my rebuild, and I was able to close on a house a couple weeks back. While I was in the middle of the mortgage process, I was obviously unable to seek new credit, but I've been eyeing several cards. 

With the closing out of the way, I finally went on an app spree. I'm happy to report 100% success. 

Cap 1 QS1 - $500 SL ... yes, I know it's the one with the AF, but I like the cash back on it. I'd been waiting for months to be able to app since being caught in the middle of their six months between apps policy change. Planning to eventually combine this one with my Plat turned QS with a $2K limit. 

Amazon Prime Store Card - $800 SL ... this one was almost one year to the date since I applied for one and was denied. I've had Prime for years, and I'm an unabashed Amazon shopper, so this one will be well-loved. 

WalMart Store Card - $500 SL ... not as high a limit as I had hoped, but we shop often at WalMart, and the rebate will be nice.

Menards Big Card - $1000 SL .... The house we bought is 117 years old, so there are plenty of projects to do. I wanted a home improvement card that I could use locally, and with Menards you get 2% back on all purchases as a merchandise certificate. You can also use the Big Card at my preferred gas stations and get 1% back as a merchandise credit. I'm hoping this one grows nicely and quickly ... like I said, there are many projects at the new house, some small, some large (like bathroom renovation). 

Those were the ones I apped for ... and at this point, I have no plans to app for any other cards. The Amazon card already shows on my reports which is a nice assist for utilization. Hoping the WM card does the same quickly. 

These will add to my previously modest wallet of a Cap 1 Platinum with rewards (the QS but not for those with excellent credit), a $200 secured Discover card that they're refusing to graduate apparently (likely headed to the sock drawer at this point) and a $1000 Overstock card. 

The only thing we may finance is some furniture ... so that would be my only reason to leave the garden. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Successful app spree ... now off to the garden!

When I first got approved for Amazon and Walmart, I followed the actions in this following thread and received larger starting limit.  I think you should call right away. If they say no, then no harm done. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Amazon-Prime-a-Licious-Approved-NEVER-Say-NEVE...

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Successful app spree ... now off to the garden!

Amazon was a couple of days ago ... and Walmart was just today ... I'm hesitant, because while my scores have improved, they're not "great" ... 

Not to mention all the issues people have been having with Sync asking for 4506-Ts from people ... I may just wait a bit

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.