Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful call into GE Money

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Successful call into GE Money

Hello,

I am new to these boards but I want to share my GW success with you all. A few nights ago I tried to apply for a student card and I was declined due to one 90 day delinquency and a closed account from my Banana Republic account. I emailed my GW to Banana Republic and they responded to me the very next day saying they would not be able to change the the delinquency or reopen my account as the CA so they gave the the number to their department with in GEMB. I called today and with in two minutes my account was reopened and the nice customer service rep changed my delinquencies and said they report every night but it could take up to 30 days for my reports to be up to date. I am so happy my FICO scores are EX 597 EQ 609 and TU 553. Myfico states if my delinquency is taken off my score could rise upwards of 730+ because this is the only delinquency on my account and it just started reporting this month.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
awash242
Contributor

Re: Successful call into GE Money

Congrats!

I sent you a PM, would you mind passing along the information to me?

Thanks so much.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

check your messages.

Message 3 of 12
akaveani

I had a PayPal account with them paid it off but they closed it. Wonder if I have a chance of getting it reinstated? Thanks for sharing...
Message 4 of 12
zhenxinqian
Contributor

Can you please PM me that contact information?

Starting Score: 600ish
Current Score: 638 Myfico EQ!
Goal Score: 640 by March 1st, 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I am new to these boards but I want to share my GW success with you all. A few nights ago I tried to apply for a student card and I was declined due to one 90 day delinquency and a closed account from my Banana Republic account. I emailed my GW to Banana Republic and they responded to me the very next day saying they would not be able to change the the delinquency or reopen my account as the CA so they gave the the number to their department with in GEMB. I called today and with in two minutes my account was reopened and the nice customer service rep changed my delinquencies and said they report every night but it could take up to 30 days for my reports to be up to date. I am so happy my FICO scores are EX 597 EQ 609 and TU 553. Myfico states if my delinquency is taken off my score could rise upwards of 730+ because this is the only delinquency on my account and it just started reporting this month.

Mind if I ask where you got your scores?  It's pretty difficult to get your EX score these days.  You may not see the increase you are expecting, depending on what your actual scores are.

Message 6 of 12
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

Can I have that contact information? Thank you

@laz98 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Mind if I ask where you got your scores?  It's pretty difficult to get your EX score these days.  You may not see the increase you are expecting, depending on what your actual scores are.

Message 7 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

As long as you know that it's not a real FICO score, you're good Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Wow, that's great that they were able to re~open your Banana account !   How long had it been closed ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 12
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

Was this a PFD? I have 2 paid collections with them as well.

;Starting Score: Low 500s FICO Aug 2008
Current Score: EQ 668 EX 723 TU 723 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 720s Across the Board! Almost there!

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.