Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Such a hard blow today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Such a hard blow today

I was just about to recommend perusing your browser's history and cache.  Might yeild some fruit.  Sorry to hear about your situation.

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marathonmama24 wrote:

My husband and I are getting ready to celebrate 1 year in our first home next month. I have paid our mortgage faithfully every month through the mortgage company's website, never had a problem. I ususally make payments from my office computer. I always printed the confirmation page, just to be sure to have record. Last month, I made our payment online, just like always, but from my home computer, where our printer was out of ink, so I did not print the page as I usually do. Then I went on with my life, and didn't give it a second thought.

I got a letter in the mail Friday that the payment for February had never been made. I checked my bank, and sure enough, it was never pulled. Their website didn't have any record of the payment either. I called the mortgage company, and they had no record of the attempt.

I feel so helpless. Now, because I was out of ink in my home printer, I have no record that I tried to make the payment. Yes, true, I could have checked my account to see that the payment hadn't come out, but I had no reason to believe it hadn't. I've been making my payments this way for a year now. Now I've incurred late fees, and my credit was dropped 104 points!! 104!! I could cry right now. They won't work with me at all. I've never had a late payment, never anything like this at all, and the first time it happens, I get no help. I know I did the right thing, but I can't prove it. And now, I'll have to spend the next year or more trying to put myself back where I was credit-wise. I was hoping to buy a new car this summer, but now my credit is crap and I'll never get a good rate.

I don't know what to do. I guess all I can do is just take it.

Keep your chin up. So sorry this happend, don't give up! I bet you'll get it worked out.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I make all of my payments on my iPad. I ALWAYS take a screenshot of the confirmation page. There is also always a timestamp embedded in the screenshot as well...

I am so sorry to hear about what happened. Hopefully someone up the chain of command will be able to help you!

Message 13 of 24
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

After gathering as much info as possible, I highly concur with the suggestion to go up the chain of command.

Speaking to the occupant of a metal desk usually gets you nowhere, as they dont have the authority to grant exceptions.

You need to reach the exec behind the wooden desk, and shed some crocodile tears.....

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear of this OP. Like others have said, I'd go up the chain of command and keep pressing until I hopefully have a sympathetic ear.

Check your computer's temp files as well...maybe the image will be saved in there...

After the one poster suggested printing to PDF with chrome...it made me think of this...

If you're running windows...you can go to print and print it to XPS one note I believe its called. It will save the file wherever you'd like as a .xps file.

Alternatively, you could print screen and save it as a JPEG file through MS Paint etc...

There are options to avoid having to print everything, maybe create some folders on your computer to save screens of payment in...I might do that after reading this.

Message 15 of 24
marathonmama24
Regular Contributor

I am kicking myself so hard for not doing a print screen and saving it. I know how to do it, but I really didn't even consider that I would ever need it. Honestly, I have MONTHS of print outs, and this one go-round, I've got nothing. What are the odds? Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marathonmama24 wrote:

I am kicking myself so hard for not doing a print screen and saving it. I know how to do it, but I really didn't even consider that I would ever need it. Honestly, I have MONTHS of print outs, and this one go-round, I've got nothing. What are the odds? Smiley Sad

marathonmama24....Be patient, you will prevail. Do what others have said, go to the top. Go to your Branch Office if possible. Send letters. You seem like a hard working honest person. Don't give up.. Lots of people here including myself know how you feel. We are here to support you and remember that. Hang in there!!!!

Message 17 of 24
marathonmama24
Regular Contributor

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and support!

Message 18 of 24
marathonmama24
Regular Contributor

So prior to contacting the company via phone, I sent them an email requesting help with my late payment. The webpage says it take 24 hours for them to reply to emails. I just got a reply today - 9 business days after my original contact. Should I include that fact when I send my letter, or would that be too negative? I feel like they are really falling down on the tech side of things, and that's why my payment was never taken out, and that supports my thoughts, but I understand I'm asking a favor.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marathonmama24 wrote:

So prior to contacting the company via phone, I sent them an email requesting help with my late payment. The webpage says it take 24 hours for them to reply to emails. I just got a reply today - 9 business days after my original contact. Should I include that fact when I send my letter, or would that be too negative? I feel like they are really falling down on the tech side of things, and that's why my payment was never taken out, and that supports my thoughts, but I understand I'm asking a favor.

It might sound a bit passive-aggressive. "I'm not saying it's your fault but it's your fault" sort of thing unless you word it carefully.

Can you set up auto-pay on your account?  You could call, asking for their help - people like to help nice people. Something like:

"I hope you are having a great day? ..feel out csr for warmth level.. We had a computer glitch with our payment last month and it didn't credit when it should have.  Can you help me set things up so it doesn't happen again?  I'd really appreciate it." ....auto schedule/pay or whatever ... "Thanks! Now, is there anything we can do about how these payments are reporting?"

We - plural implies you and csr are on the same team. 

computer glitch - everyone experiences these and shows shared frustration.

can you help me - appeal to authority, giving csr implied power.

Thanks! - golden glow

'anything we can do' - appeal to altruism, again implied you are both on the same side.

Doesn't work all the time - they have to have the ability to do something or put you with the person that can, but I've found better success when I can establish some sort of bond with the CSR right away. 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.