Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Large Score Drop Confusion

tag
SCAREDCROW
Established Member

Sudden Large Score Drop Confusion

Ordered the 3B reports less than a week ago. Just now received a Fico alert that the Transunion score had dropped 27 points, and can't figure out why. We've done NOTHING at all related to credit.  Everything is paid on time, there have been no inquiries, no lates, no new credit, no defaults, NO ACTION DEROGATORY ACTION, AT ALL. We've even paid down our credit to just 12% utilization.  Can't figure out this sudden and large drop in the TRX score, and dont know where to find out the reason behind it. Do we need to order yet another 3B report, in order to find out, after having just ordered it 6 days ago?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sudden Large Score Drop Confusion

@SCAREDCROW wrote:

Ordered the 3B reports less than a week ago. Just now received a Fico alert that the Transunion score had dropped 27 points, and can't figure out why. We've done NOTHING at all related to credit.  Everything is paid on time, there have been no inquiries, no lates, no new credit, no defaults, NO ACTION DEROGATORY ACTION, AT ALL. We've even paid down our credit to just 12% utilization.  Can't figure out this sudden and large drop in the TRX score, and dont know where to find out the reason behind it. Do we need to order yet another 3B report, in order to find out, after having just ordered it 6 days ago?

Try pulling your reports though Credit Check Total ($1 seven day trial gets all three reports and scores) and see if you can figure out whats different. Check dates very carefully....

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's interesting, how my EX dropped 20 points today going to $0 balance on all my cards. It's fine as those are the cards that I will not be using and just having it there for age. Currently using CSP, Freedom, and SPG as my main set of cards. Waiting for all 3 cards to report to the CRAs sometimes next week for the first time. Also the HP 1 from Chase and Amex dropped the scores 5 points together. Just not sure why a huge hit for $0 balance across.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's interesting, how my EX dropped 20 points today going to $0 balance on all my cards. It's fine as those are the cards that I will not be using and just having it there for age. Currently using CSP, Freedom, and SPG as my main set of cards. Waiting for all 3 cards to report to the CRAs sometimes next week for the first time. Also the HP 1 from Chase and Amex dropped the scores 5 points together. Just not sure why a huge hit for $0 balance across.

Thats quite the norm for a relatively clean file. I'm assuming by your scores that your files (except for EQ) are clean.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats quite the norm for a relatively clean file. I'm assuming by your scores that your files (except for EQ) are clean.

That's correct. I have until Friday for all the negatives to be removed from EQ. Did a disputes and crossing my fingers as these account are nearing their drop off period. Just want to get everything out of the way before looking into mortgages for the next step in life.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.