Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden drop on CK - and now I now why!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sudden drop on CK - and now I now why!

Ok - we all know that CK is FAKO - but I use it for a trend line because it is free - and because I can only pull CCT once a month around the first!

On 10/8 my CK EQ score wa 677 - CCT had it at 679 - so pretty close

Suddenly on 10/12 CK dropped it to 636 and today it was 620

I looked that negatives - nothing new - actually had a baddie drop off.

I looked at UTIL - went from 18% to 4% - so that didn't make sense.

So puzzled as I was - I figured it was a fluke and it would straighten itself out - nope - got another 20 pt drop today

Finally - I looked at the AAoA  - TA-DA!    Old mortgage paid in 2008 - positive line - GONE  and two CC's (Target and Gap - paid and closed in 2004) GONE!   AAoA went from like 6 years to 2 years.    I think that is where the drop came from.    Hopefully it fixes itself to be in line with TU and EX (both Fico 8s are 661 according to other sources that are current).  

So when you have a mystery score drop - don't forget to see if an old closed account dropped off - I guess those 10 years since closing were finally noticed and they dropped off!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sudden drop on CK - and now I now why!

Good advise!

I love CK to monitor what's showing up on my report as MyFICO takes forever to update, but the scoring is so wacky.

I had 2 CAs removed - score improved by 1 FAKO point.

My husband's CC balance increased by 5% - his score dropped by 29 FAKO points. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good advise!

I love CK to monitor what's showing up on my report as MyFICO takes forever to update, but the scoring is so wacky.

I agree - the scoring is WACKY - and I know they are FAKO - but the beginning of October - My FAKOs and FICOs were pretty darn close for EQ (2 pts) and TU was only off about 10.   So the trending - If FAKO went up so did FICO - not necessarily the same amount - but I had a clue - the MAJOR drop - when I had been working SOOOOO  hard was killing me - I started at EQ 586 and had gotten up to 677 to see the drop to a 620 was like someone stabbed me!  It was like starting over.......

Message 3 of 4
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good advise!

I agree - the scoring is WACKY - and I know they are FAKO - but the beginning of October - My FAKOs and FICOs were pretty darn close for EQ (2 pts) and TU was only off about 10.   So the trending - If FAKO went up so did FICO - not necessarily the same amount - but I had a clue - the MAJOR drop - when I had been working SOOOOO  hard was killing me - I started at EQ 586 and had gotten up to 677 to see the drop to a 620 was like someone stabbed me!  It was like starting over.......

I wouldn't worry too much OP, It should be back up in no time.

I am in a similiar situation as you are....and today I got a  bump in TU & EQ  for avout 12 pts each.....

Couple of baddies falling off and a new 23K new line reporting amongest 4 new TL.....Def helping with my utility.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.