Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sued by CA - case thrown out

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sued by CA - case thrown out

I was sued by a CA, I have no idea if the account is valid or not, but it was thrown out of court due to them not having proper documentation of the account being mine. What should my next step be? They are still reporting on all three CRs. Goodwill letter , Debt Validation or something else that I can start to try and get this thing taken care of?

THANK YOU

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sued by CA - case thrown out

I would use the disposition of the court case as a basis for disputing the ability of the debt collector to report legitimately to the CRA.

Send the CRA a dispute of their reporting, alleging that they inaccurately reported due to lack of debt collection authority, or whatever the court held to be lacking in their action.

They took a shot at you.... kick it back at them.

Message 2 of 4
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Good answer IMO.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

I would use the disposition of the court case as a basis for disputing the ability of the debt collector to report legitimately to the CRA.

Send the CRA a dispute of their reporting, alleging that they inaccurately reported due to lack of debt collection authority, or whatever the court held to be lacking in their action.

They took a shot at you.... kick it back at them.

Robert thank you for the reply. On their website they have a mailing address and email address' for the top people in management. Should I just send it to the generic address, or put ATTN: (CEO's name / COO's name / General Counsel's name)? Also, what exactly should I send to them, the entire court documents anything in specific I should include in the cover letter?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.