Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suffering from appliphobia...Please advise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suffering from appliphobia...Please advise

I have not applied for any new credit since last december.  I want to either refinance my auto loan and or get another credit card so that I have more credit.  Right now I only have my 2 cards, totaling just $675 and want higher CL's.  However I have a case of appliphobia and cannot bring myself to apply for new credit for fear of getting denied and having another hard pull on my report.  My average Fico is 632 with 1-2 collections (depending on the reoprt).  Should I apply for new credit and or refinance my car?  My auto loan right now is at 13% and I have had it opened for almost 2 years, paying on time each month.  The open cards are good too. Please advise

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Suffering from appliphobia...Please advise

I wouldn't apply unless I knew I was getting approved.  That is me others may feel differently.

You can go to whogavemecredit.com and see what others have been approved/denied based on their scores.

If I absolutely had to get something, it would be another CC.  Revolving utilization counts as 30% of your score and installment is only 10%.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Suffering from appliphobia...Please advise

@Anonymous wrote:

I have not applied for any new credit since last december.  I want to either refinance my auto loan and or get another credit card so that I have more credit.  Right now I only have my 2 cards, totaling just $675 and want higher CL's.  However I have a case of appliphobia and cannot bring myself to apply for new credit for fear of getting denied and having another hard pull on my report.  My average Fico is 632 with 1-2 collections (depending on the reoprt).  Should I apply for new credit and or refinance my car?  My auto loan right now is at 13% and I have had it opened for almost 2 years, paying on time each month.  The open cards are good too. Please advise

I would probably try and refi the car loan. With 2 years of on time payments and no new credit since December I believe you'd have a good chance of getting a much better rate which in turn would save you money. IMO saving money is the most important thing. (But I'm cheap).  Smiley Happy 

Go in and just talk to a lender and see what criteria they look at for the best rates. Eventually of course you'll have to apply for the refi but the lender can give you a good idea whether it's feasible to even try. The collections might be a problem but you'll know upfront.

What I like about my local CU is that I can walk in and chat face to face.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.