cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest easy-to-get card to merge debt with 0% interest...

tag
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Suggest easy-to-get card to merge debt with 0% interest...

I'm in a world of hurt.

Got basically 3 cards I need to consolidate into a zero percentage card so I can finally get this debt paid. The interest rates prevent me from getting anywhere.

I started at my bank (PNC) and applied for a 0% 18month card but was declined. Scores have fallen from 740 to 677.  1 recent 30 day late. I'm talking a total debt of about $2400.

Debt is with Cap, chase, and Wells Fargo.

Please help. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Suggest easy-to-get card to merge debt with 0% interest...

@JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

I'm in a world of hurt.

Got basically 3 cards I need to consolidate into a zero percentage card so I can finally get this debt paid. The interest rates prevent me from getting anywhere.

I started at my bank (PNC) and applied for a 0% 18month card but was declined. Scores have fallen from 740 to 677.  1 recent 30 day late. I'm talking a total debt of about $2400.

Debt is with Cap, chase, and Wells Fargo.

Please help. Thanks

How old are these cards that you have now? $2400 isn't that much of debt at all. To be honest with you, most lenders will frown upon the very recent late you have. You say interest rates prevents you from getting anywhere, how high are these rates anyhow?

You can try Barclay but they probably will question you about the late.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suggest easy-to-get card to merge debt with 0% interest...

Some details on the cards might help - limits, balances, minimum payments, interest rates, etc., as well as your financial situation, I.E, how tight is your current budget?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.