cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest next steps....

tag
archinIL

Suggest next steps....

Ok.  Like many of us on here, I made some mistakes in the past.  For the most part, I have been pretty clean for the past 4-5 years.  No recent derogs.  Problem is, very little new credit either.  Most of my past "good credit" has also fallen off my report, and what is left is so old that it hardly helps me.  So, as I have made my repair, I am also entering a rebuilding phase.

I opened a CapOne unsecured card w a low limit early this year.  Ideally, I would like 1-2 more tradelines, then to the garden I go.  My goal is to purchase a house in 1-2 years.  What complicates this is my currently paid off car has hit 100k on the odomoeter.  While the current plan is to drive it into the ground, it's at a point where that could be a few months or a few years now.  So, at some point I will have to get a new car.  So, while gardening, I want my score to remain in a, if not good, but at least not take a hit and I want to be "approveable" if that is a word, even if it is around a 10-15% rate.  Just in case I need to buy a new car in an emergency.  What scares me a tad is I have two paid judgements set to fall off in a few months.  While that is a GOOD thing, I also know I will then get rebucketed most likely, and could see a hit.  I want to get a couple of tradelines so that I can re-establish, and be in a good place in a year or two.

I applied for the WalMart card and got denied recently, along with the Amex Zync.  I knew it was a longshot with Amex, but the backdating would've helped (old card from 98), and figured my TU score isn't going to get much better over the next 6 months.  So, went for it as I have very few TU pulls.  Anyway, I now want to add 1-2 more tradelines, as I know once I get rebucketed it may become harder for a while, and I would like to garden with more than one tradeline.

Anyone on here have any suggestions where I should go?  I know of the subprime cards (First Premier, another CapOne), but if anyone has any suggestions what next.  I don't want to do more than 1-2 apps max.  So while it doesn't have to be a sure thing, no more long shots like with Amex either.

Starting scores - apx 550 - mid 2010
EQ: 573 - 2/2012 (myfico.com)
622 - 6/2012 (myfico.com)
TU: 654 - 6/2012 (myfico.com)
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.