Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for PFD with National Recovery Agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestion for PFD with National Recovery Agency

Hey all,

Love, love, love all that this site has done for me. I've taken my scores from about a 505 to 627 over the last several months. I have a few baddies left - 2 30 day late payments with Chase Auto that were legitimate mistakes (sent a GW) and a 10 month national grid collection from a utility bill 2 years ago. The collection is with Nationa Recovery Agency. I called them about a PFD and the CSR and her supervisor both assured me that they automatically delete the the account from all 3 bureaus when payment is received. I asked for it in writing and they will not put it in writing. Any suggestions? Should I pay it and take their word or should I stick to my guns? I'd love to get my score over 650 ASAP.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suggestion for PFD with National Recovery Agency

I would explain that without removal there is no incentive score wise to settle. Certainly they know that. Ask at least for a letter stating they will no longer update the credit bureaus on payment. This way if they do not delete you can always dispute with CAs and then if they respond you would have leverage to use for cease and desist.
Message 2 of 4
cmony787
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey all,

Love, love, love all that this site has done for me. I've taken my scores from about a 505 to 627 over the last several months. I have a few baddies left - 2 30 day late payments with Chase Auto that were legitimate mistakes (sent a GW) and a 10 month national grid collection from a utility bill 2 years ago. The collection is with Nationa Recovery Agency. I called them about a PFD and the CSR and her supervisor both assured me that they automatically delete the the account from all 3 bureaus when payment is received. I asked for it in writing and they will not put it in writing. Any suggestions? Should I pay it and take their word or should I stick to my guns? I'd love to get my score over 650 ASAP.

Just looking through some older posts regarding National Recovery shows that they will stick to thier word.  

I had a similar expericence with ICS systems were they would not put the PFD in writing but promised removal. Based on other users experiences, I felt comfortable taking them for thier word.  IMO go for it, worst case you GW the heck out of them.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/National-Recovery-Agency/td-p/4569274/highlight/true

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read that thread and had the same thoughts. I appreciate the responses.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.