Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions about rebuilding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestions about rebuilding

I am in my 20's and in the process of rebuilding my credit after my husband suffered from cancer and our scores plummeted. I have collections and charge offs that will be deleted once they are paid. 

Is there a way to determine what my scores will increase to once those are removed?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jpope1294
Valued Member

Re: Suggestions about rebuilding

Can you provide more details about your current credit situation.  Balances, lates, collection amounts, scores will give us more insight and can help with determining the best route.  Unfortunately, it will take time to bounce back from any situation, but taking the steps in cleaning up is the biggest step of all.  Give more info and you will get great advise.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in my 20's and in the process of rebuilding my credit after my husband suffered from cancer and our scores plummeted. I have collections and charge offs that will be deleted once they are paid. 

Is there a way to determine what my scores will increase to once those are removed?

Thanks!

You need to start re-establishing right away, with secured cards if necessary. You need to get at least three revolving accounts and one installment account for credit mix.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have student loans from 2009, 2010 and 2011 that have never had a missed payment. 

I have a car loan established March 2014 with one 30 day late payment because in all honesty, I completely forgot. 

I started a Fingerhut Freshstart with a 130 limit and graduated in 3 months to the Advantage. It has a 200 limit and I am using 20% utilization. No late payments. 

Credit one-Charge off sent to Midland. On a payment plan to have it paid off in August. 

Capital One 120 days late. Currently making more than the minimums to re-establish positive payment history. 

Walmart-$580 charged off

Maurices-$411 charged off

First Premier-$856 charged off

Discover-$1085 Charged off

Collections:

Choice Recovery $310

Progressive $181

Banfield $411

Stratford Career $625

Library $55

Message 4 of 7
AutoBot
Established Contributor

You may want to signup for CreditCheckTotal (CCT) for $1 to at least get your current FICO scores.

Credit Check Total

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have. EQ: 508 TR: 512 EX: 520
Message 6 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I.agree with all said above. I'll add that once the deletions fall off, you'll see a quick jump in the scores, normally in fairly nice chunks. Make sure even on the 30 day late that you get in touch with that creditor to see if they'll do a goodwill and delete it also because that still effects your scores and will plague you for 7.years until it falls off. Even the account you have the pagment plan on, if it's already in collections I'd try to strike a deal with them to pay for deletion also. Leave no stone unturned becuase all of these points add up.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.