thanks for the clarity. that will help in my monitoriing of when to pull the trigger going forward.
wanted to give an update...
I remained in the garden (no new inq) the first month of the year, and focused on paying down the util on my credit cards. As of this morning, my reported util was 30 percent, and when pulling a new CK, my score went from 632 to 651. Interestingly enough, that major lift was due to a few things.
1. 3 inquiries fell off that were impacting my score
2. util went from 34 percent to 30 - 30 seems to be one of those trigger numbers for lifts.
I still have one card with a sizeable balance reported, however that will be paid down below 10 percent by the next statement date, so on March 1 I will update again.
Staying in the garden until at least June!
With the first 3 months of the year in the books, I wanted to give an update to my original post.
Credit Scores: DECEMBER 2012 FICOs: ??? | CreditKarma FAKOs: Transrisk 604, Vantage 627
APRIL 1 - EQ FICO - 655 | CreditKarma TU FAKO - 648 | Vantage 677
My Wallet - The Rebuilders : SHOW MC (550) 4/12 | Cap One (500) 1/12 | Cap One (500) 8/12 | First National (350) 6/12 | Auto Loan - Cap One 16000 @ 12.65 3/12
Updated: Cap One increase from 500 - 750(Credit Steps), Added Amazon 3/13(600), WalMart 3/13(150).
- Overall UTIL Reported December 2012 - 65%, will be down to 40% in Jan 2013 and 0% Feb 2013
Util Reported 13%
- Average age of accounts: 7 Mos (Oldest Active TL Cap 1 Jan 2012)
Avg Age 1 Year 9 Mos
- Annual income: $75K.
- Baddies: Discharged BK (11/2011) Dismissed BK (2/2011), Tax Lien 2/2009
- 19 hard inquiries on EQ CRA report.
- Perfect payment history for 1 year.
2013 Revised Goal - look to either upgrade current Cap 1 to Cash Rewards by end of year, or add Barclays Rewards Card/Amazon Rewards Card.
2014 Goal: Mortgage
Any suggestions, feedback would be great!