Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for dealing with Midland?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestions for dealing with Midland?

Hello all. I had an HSBC card which was charges off and bought by midland - both of these are still reporting on my report - the HBSC as a charge off and Midland as a collection. 

I got the offer letter from Midland to settle for about 60% of the amount owed. Has anyone had any luck PFDing with Midland? Is there a way to dispute either of these off of my report?

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suggestions for dealing with Midland?

oh and midland is reporting on EQ as 120 days past due. Can they do this not being the OC?

on TU they are reporting as a collection. 

Message 2 of 4
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

oh and midland is reporting on EQ as 120 days past due. Can they do this not being the OC?

on TU they are reporting as a collection. 

Check the last derog on the OC account. Chances are it's just mirroring that entry... CA's can't really add "lates" in the traditional sense. The CA is already coded and scored as a derog anyway, and any additional comments wouldn't change it either way.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Their may be a way of disputing their reporting, but the burden is on the consumer to show some inaccuracy in their reporting as a basis for a dispute.

Is anything in their reporting inaccurate, and if so, is it readily correctible?

Remember that the debt collector cannot, in any PFD negotiation, agree to deletion of the charge-off, as it was not their reporting.  Separate efforts directed to the OC, such as a GW request, would be necessary to address the CO.

If the debt collector wont agree to a PFD, then the settlement offer, should you accept, will normally result in the additional reporting of a "paid for less" special comment.

I suggest that if you end up paying without a PFD acceptance that you at least try to get them not to report the additional "paid for less" special comment, as it is, in an of itself, a negative remark in your file, informing others that, in the past, you did not fully satisfy the entire amount of debt.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.