Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for rebuilding credit score while in Chapter 13

tag
Lvlover26
Valued Member

Suggestions for rebuilding credit score while in Chapter 13

Hey everyone, I am new here so please be kind Smiley Happy  I filed Chapter 13 in Oct 2010. Since then I have not opened any new credit just like I was advised not to. But, I would like to raise my credit scores while I am in a Chapter 13. I have checked all my credit reports and disputed all the incorrect info. But, does anyone else know of a way I can raise my score or rebuild credit with payment history? I have a goal to buy my own home by the age of 30 or a new car within 2 years or so and I want to make my credit sparkle before then. Smiley Very Happy Thanks!

EQ: 494 (6/30/15) TU: 500 (6/30/15) EX:528 (6/27/15)
EQ: 535 (9/1/15) TU: 552 (9/1/15) EX: 546 (9/1/15)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Re: Suggestions for rebuilding credit score while in Chapter 13

I would recommend a secured card with atleast a $500 limit to start with.

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 2 of 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Suggestions for rebuilding credit score while in Chapter 13

Hello and Welcome to the MyFico Forum!!

I think there are some legal issues that you have to consider before jumping in and applying for credit, something about getting trustee approval (Not sure, I know nothing about Ch 13). 

I've asked the moderators to move this thread to the Bankruptcy Forum.  Those guys are awesome at knowing the legal ins and outs and I think you'll get better responses from them regarding some good steps to take.

Best of Luck to you!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.