Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions or Tips for Rebuilding?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestions or Tips for Rebuilding?

Hey guys and gals, new here and looking for any suggestions or tips for rebuilding! Looking to buy a home this year or next, that is my ultimate goal!

Credit Cards - The bad

Captial One - Best Buy Credit originally with HSBC

Paid charge-off/collection. 

DOFD = 12/2011

Chase - Circuit City

Paid charge-off/collection

DOFD = 06/2008

CB/Express

Open with no credit limit available and no balance.

Opened: 10/17/2008 - 3-30 day Lates, 2-60 day Lates and 1-90 Day late.

DOFD = 11/2009

Auto/Installment Loans - The Bad

Credit Union Auto Loan

Paid off/refinanced with new credit union

7-30 day Lates

Credit Cards - The good

GeCaptial/Home Design - Joint

$1,820/$3,500 Balance/Limit

Opened 10/06/2013 - Never Late

Chase - AU

$300/$300 Balance/Limit

Opened 02/12/2006 - Never Late

Capital One - Individual

$0/$200 Balance/Limit

Opened 06/25/2014 - Never Late

Capital One - Individual

$0/$500 Balance/Limit

Opened 06/16/2014 - Never Late

Best Buy Credit Card - AU

$3,714/$3,800 Balance/Limit

Opened 09/23/2008 - Never Late

Credit Union Credit Card - Individual

$38/$500 Balance/Limit

Opened 09/23/2014 - Never Late

Auto/Installment Loans - The good

Credit Union Auto Loan - Individual

Refinanced from above mentioned auto loan

$2,197 - Balance

Opened 9/23/2014 - Never Late

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suggestions or Tips for Rebuilding?

The AU accounts are not helping you at all since they are nearly maxed out. The neative on your UTI (30% or your score) is much heavier than the AAoA (10% or your score)they might be adding.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so remove the AU accounts. Got it!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove the auth or pay them down the ratio is wayyy to high.

Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The paid CO/Collection has a few years before CR exclusion, so I would begin a concentrated request for GW deltion of thos two major derogs, , one with the OC relating to the charge-off, and another with the debt collector regarding the collection.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great information everyone, I appreciate it! I have removed the AU accounts. We shall see when they update! Would anyone be able to PM me a GW letter example to send?

Message 6 of 9
jeffeverde
New Contributor

Unless you're the spouse of the primary account holder, remove the AU's.  Under the new FICO 08 model, AU accounts do nothing for your score.

Circuit City/Chase - I'd start by calling the CRA's - be friendly, chat up the agent, then lead into "This is soooo old.  Isn't it time for it to be deleted?".  The agents have some discretion on when to delete, and 6 months early is about the cut off.  You might have to call several times till you get friendly agent.

BestBuy/HSBC/CapOne - when HSBC sold it's credit card business to CapOne, and CapOne later transfered the accounts back to HSBC - it wasn't a smooth process and a lot of.  I'd 623 CapOne (via certfifed mail w/ proof of delivery) - if they don't have ready access to the records, in some cases they'll delete themselves.  If they simply fail to respond, dispute with the CRA's, with a copy of your dispute and your proof of delivery, and say "OC cannot verify this account, please delete". 

CB/Express - I'm not clear - is this an Open account, or is it a CO that was not sold?  If it's an open account, first check your bank records to confirm the lates actually were late.  If they're valid, a Goodwill letter is about all you can do.

Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Filing a direct dispute under FCRA 623  requires providing some basis for an inaccuracy in their reporting.

Simply sending a dispute does not require any investigation on their part, and can be dismissed as frivolous or irrelevant.

Message 8 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@jeffeverde wrote:

Unless you're the spouse of the primary account holder, remove the AU's.  Under the new FICO 08 model, AU accounts do nothing for your score.

Circuit City/Chase - I'd start by calling the CRA's - be friendly, chat up the agent, then lead into "This is soooo old.  Isn't it time for it to be deleted?".  The agents have some discretion on when to delete, and 6 months early is about the cut off.  You might have to call several times till you get friendly agent.

BestBuy/HSBC/CapOne - when HSBC sold it's credit card business to CapOne, and CapOne later transfered the accounts back to HSBC - it wasn't a smooth process and a lot of.  I'd 623 CapOne (via certfifed mail w/ proof of delivery) - if they don't have ready access to the records, in some cases they'll delete themselves.  If they simply fail to respond, dispute with the CRA's, with a copy of your dispute and your proof of delivery, and say "OC cannot verify this account, please delete". 

CB/Express - I'm not clear - is this an Open account, or is it a CO that was not sold?  If it's an open account, first check your bank records to confirm the lates actually were late.  If they're valid, a Goodwill letter is about all you can do.

This is a common misconception. Although less emphasis is given to AU's under the FICO 08 model they are still counted in scoring.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.