Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suggestions?

You can certainly try to call first...
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called two CA's that i paid so far and this is what I got..."Ma'am, it will be reported to the collection agency as paid in full."

I think I will try the letter.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another option you have (though I would seriously suggest that you use the secured card options out there FIRST) is that many car dealerships offer a "Buy here, pay here" option. You pay THEM directly.

The negs on that situation is that since they're local, you skip a payment, they WILL come get the car. No ifs, ands, or buts (happened to a neighbor of mine when they went through a financial crisis).

Another thing is obviously, the rate you get will be astronomical.

Another yet, is that you will have to pay WEEKLY. They usually don't accept payments monthly.

And I am not sure if they report to the CRAs which means that if you ARE good and pay the thing off, it won't help your credit rebuilding.

Some of these things I know personally -- about 5 years ago we were car shopping (just going to dealers and seeing what they had) and this one place nearby had the PERFECT vehicle at the PERFECT price. Went in and started the negotiations only to find out that they didn't do "regular" financing. So, we went elsewhere and hubby picked out the car (I HATE it).

I really, really, really liked that car, too. Durnit. Smiley Mad
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as geting a car...you can do it...but you will get a much higher interest rate...I bought a 2006 Chevrolet Impala...in Nov 2006...my credit score was about 500...I have my fathers bankruptcy on my credit report...I was 22...had a newborn 1 month old baby..and needed reliable transportation...and had no idea about repairing credit...I did get the car...with $500 down...but my interest rate is 22%...I was recently going to refinance...but I am...and have always been comfortable with the note...never late...but I just...meaning 2 months ago..found out the interest rate....when I got deep into the credit thing...but since I'm buying a house...next month...I decided to not refinance until after...depends on where you go...and what you get...but another thing that helped me was...my wifes stepfather worked at the car delearship...he was a manager...but he just about gets everyone approved...but you will have a crappy interest rate...
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks everyone for all your help!!! i just sent the gw letters to all of the ca's. do they normally write back or do i have to call in and check on it?
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case they wrote back...both times...
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.