Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestions

I have a whole bunch of items to work on both my husband's and my credit reports.   I have started working on some of them but I would like suggestions on one item specifically.  My husband has a TL that shows the following...

Sst/Columb (shows $0 balance)

Status as of Apr, 2008
Date opened Jan, 2001
 Date of last activity Mar, 2007
Date closed Not Reported
Account number  Not Reported
 Loan type  Not Reported
 Largest past balance $767
Terms Not Reported
Account Type Revolving
Account holder  Individual
 Scheduled payment amount  $768
Descriptions
  • Account transferred or sold
  • Charged off account

and another TL with the following...

Sst/Cigpf1 (shows $768 balance and 120+ late)

Status as of  Apr, 2008
Date opened Jan, 2001
Date of last activity  Sep, 2007
Date closed  Not Reported
Account number  Not Reported
 Loan type  Not Reported
Largest past balance  $768
Terms  Not Reported
 Account Type  Revolving
 Account holder  Individual
Scheduled payment amount  $768
Descriptions
  • Collection account
  • Credit Card

More on next post

Message Edited by dianaisme on 07-16-2008 08:40 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suggestions

Is the 2nd one...the collection for the 1st one???...

Message Edited by slyhouse08 on 07-16-2008 08:44 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have no idea what this account is.  I DV'd with the full media validation letter I found on this site.  I sent it to the SST/CIG address on the credit report because they are the ones showing a balance. 

We got a response in the mail the other day.  It was in a SST envelope but the letter inside was TRS Inc letterhead.

Re: Account #xxxxx
Balance: 767.50
Creditor:CIGPF1 Corp

Dear xxxxx,

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.  Tempest Recovery Services, Inc.  (TRS) remains committed to maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and welcomes the opportunity to assist.

TRS was retained by Systems & Systems Technologies (SST) as the collecion agency to service your account.  Notification was mailed to you on 8/27/2007 advising of this transition.  In this letter, we also stated that if you were disputing the validity of your debt, you had 30 days to contact us with your dispute.  Provided no dispute was made within the 30 days, the debt was deemed to be valid.  Thus, this letter serves as confirmation of the validity of your account balance and your obligation to pay under the credit agreement.

Should you have additional questions or if you would like to set up payment arrangements, please contact our Customer Service Department at the number below.

What are my next steps?  I don't even know what this debt is for.  It might be valid but it does not sound familiar at all.

Message Edited by dianaisme on 07-16-2008 08:51 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Find out who the OC is...contact them...and find out what this is about...in the meantime....send the CA...the 2nd DV...it seems like in this letter...they are saying...from the last letter...you acknowledge this debt is yours...and you agree to pay...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a DV letter disputing the debt and requesting validation of the debt.  It does seem like they read something totally different though huh?

So do I send the same letter again requesting validation?

Thanks
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

dianaisme wrote:
We have no idea what this account is.  I DV'd with the full media validation letter I found on this site.  I sent it to the SST/CIG address on the credit report because they are the ones showing a balance. 

We got a response in the mail the other day.  It was in a SST envelope but the letter inside was TRS Inc letterhead.

Re: Account #xxxxx
Balance: 767.50
Creditor:CIGPF1 Corp

Dear xxxxx,

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.  Tempest Recovery Services, Inc.  (TRS) remains committed to maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and welcomes the opportunity to assist.

TRS was retained by Systems & Systems Technologies (SST) as the collecion agency to service your account.  Notification was mailed to you on 8/27/2007 advising of this transition.  In this letter, we also stated that if you were disputing the validity of your debt, you had 30 days to contact us with your dispute.  Provided no dispute was made within the 30 days, the debt was deemed to be valid.  Thus, this letter serves as confirmation of the validity of your account balance and your obligation to pay under the credit agreement.

Should you have additional questions or if you would like to set up payment arrangements, please contact our Customer Service Department at the number below.

What are my next steps?  I don't even know what this debt is for.  It might be valid but it does not sound familiar at all. 

Message Edited by dianaisme on 07-16-2008 08:51 PM

This letter says they notified you (via letter) on 8/27/07 that TRS was taking over the account from SST.  They go on to state that since you didn't dispute within thirty days of that letter they (TRS) believe the debt to be valid.

I would DV them CMRRR, letting them know you discovered this on your credit report dated....and see what kind of results you get.  Enclosed a copy of your first DV and send everything CMRRR.  Did you DV them CMRRR the lst time?  If so enclose copies of GC and letter.

Message Edited by kidshelper on 07-17-2008 12:47 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.