Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Happy!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
SHAI
Regular Contributor

Super Happy!!!!!!!!!!!

My starting score in February was TU-536  EX-485, They are now TU-569 and EX-555.

I'm hoping to get to at least 620 or above by the summer. I just had another collection removed and got to credit cards to a $0 balance. My other CC has a limit of $717 with a blance of $100. If I can get that paid down to under 10% is it possible that I can see a 620??

Starting Score: September/2012 TU-496, EQ-456, EX??
Current Score: April/2013 TU-680, EQ-661,

Goal Score: 700 across the boards

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Super Happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly. from what I have read.  The uti is against totals all cards and then there is another part that give u "points" from uti unders 10% for each account.  Then u should get more "points" for having a tiny balance on less than half of your cards.  GOOD LUCK!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask how you got the collection removed? I have 2 small medical ones from fall that I paid as they were put on my reports. Thanks!

Message 3 of 9
SHAI
Regular Contributor

I called the collection companies first and was advised that since the collection account was paid I can dispute and they would not verify. Thankfully it went smooth with only one dispute.

Starting Score: September/2012 TU-496, EQ-456, EX??
Current Score: April/2013 TU-680, EQ-661,

Goal Score: 700 across the boards

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I am looking for that magical 620 as well. Do you have any other baddies on your report?

Message 5 of 9
sonson
Regular Contributor

congrats! with all those things you are doing to pay collections and bringing down your utilization, buy next couple of months hopefully your score will increase. 

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Message 6 of 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@SHAI wrote:

My starting score in February was TU-536  EX-485, They are now TU-569 and EX-555.

I'm hoping to get to at least 620 or above by the summer. I just had another collection removed and got to credit cards to a $0 balance. My other CC has a limit of $717 with a blance of $100. If I can get that paid down to under 10% is it possible that I can see a 620??

Congrats on your  CS increases, getting most of your CC's to a $0 balance and removing another CA !!!

Yes, getting your other CC balance down will help with your util and raise your CS, but I would try to get it under 3%.

It's hard to says, without knowing whats on your CR's, if your CS is going to jump to 620 in a few months.

Do you have negative items on your CR's now?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 7 of 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

May I ask how you got the collection removed? I have 2 small medical ones from fall that I paid as they were put on my reports. Thanks!

Removing paid medical collections depends on who you paid, the OC or the CA.

The HIPAA process is used, if the OC was paid.The steps have to be followed in order for it to work.The HIPAA process is not posted on

myFICO, but you can Google it "HIPAA or HIPPA" with the words"process or letters"...........Correct abbrev is HIPAA.

Sending GW letters is used, if paid thru the OC or the CA. Good Luck to You.Smiley Wink 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 8 of 9
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

That's wonderful! I'm hoping for a 620 by October! Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.