Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supporting documentation?

tag
midwestgirl44
Contributor

Supporting documentation?

I recently disputed one of our Beneficial accounts because after I already PIF 2 months ago - in good standing - they haven't adjusted the balance on TU, but they did on the other two. I sent them a GW letter asking that they please update their information, and that the account was PIF. Now they want me to fill out a dispute form and provide THEM with all supporting documentation, including a copy of my credit report. Has anyone else received a response like this before? Just so you know, I have no intention of filling this form out, or submitting my personal credit information to them.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Supporting documentation?

kriskaden wrote:
I recently disputed one of our Beneficial accounts because after I already PIF 2 months ago - in good standing - they haven't adjusted the balance on TU, but they did on the other two. I sent them a GW letter asking that they please update their information, and that the account was PIF. Now they want me to fill out a dispute form and provide THEM with all supporting documentation, including a copy of my credit report. Has anyone else received a response like this before? Just so you know, I have no intention of filling this form out, or submitting my personal credit information to them.

Sounds like a standard form response.

I would call them and ask them to update. They are required to report accurately by the FCRA. If they are reporting a balance on a PIF account, they are not reporting accurately.

Tell them to look in their database and see that it is paid off.

How long has it been showing updated on EQ and EX? TU can drag their feet sometimes, never seen them drag them 2 months tho.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.