Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suze Orman Kit and scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suze Orman Kit and scores?

Hi all, 

I purchased the Suze Orman kit on the site and pulled TU, which had my score at 507.  It dropped quite a bit (easily 60 pts) from last year.  I have had some things fall off but a couple medical add on- that I am working on paying off.  My question is this, I pulled my CR from TU on 2/2009 and it said that Capital One would be removed by 3/2009- which is affecting me negatively in the amount of $1,028 but the Suze Orman TU report shows CapOne still on there.  If it was to be removed from TU from annualcreditreport in March, why in May is it still on there?    Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Suze Orman Kit and scores?

You pulled a new report, right? Had to ask....

If so, then you may want to pull a new report directly from Transunion.com (don't pay for any scores). You can possibly get a free report by requesting a dispute. Don't dispute, but go through the motions and you should get a free report out of it.

Look for the drop off date to see if that changed. Also, neg. OC accounts can revert to positive accounts (at 7 yrs from DOFD) and report for an additional 3 years as a perfectly good account. If any derog info is still there after 7 yrs, then you certaily can dispute it.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:
You pulled a new report, right? Had to ask....

If so, then you may want to pull a new report directly from Transunion.com (don't pay for any scores). You can possibly get a free report by requesting a dispute. Don't dispute, but go through the motions and you should get a free report out of it.

Look for the drop off date to see if that changed. Also, neg. OC accounts can revert to positive accounts (at 7 yrs from DOFD) and report for an additional 3 years as a perfectly good account. If any derog info is still there after 7 yrs, then you certaily can dispute it.

Originally the CR I was looking at last night was from 2/2009 when I had got my free one from annualcreditreport.  I did as you suggested to see my credit report today and it has changed.  TU now shows that CapOne will drop off on 9/2009.  The only things I notice that have changed from my report in Feb to the one I'm looking at today is the date updated has changed (Feb report: 1/2009 and new report is: 4/2009) and the date closed changed (Feb report: 4/2003 and new report is: 4/2009.

Does that make sense? If so, why would the drop off date change? And what is the differences in date closed mean?  Thank you for the help. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump...

I could still use some help with this.  Can someone please assist?  Thank you.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this is a negative account, date closed doesn't matter. DOFD is what is important.

Do you know when the actual DOFD for the account was? This is the date you went delinquent and never caught up prior to charge off/collection.

The TL can remain for up to 7 1/2 years from that date. No longer.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

On TransUnion no information is given like that, all I've got on there to choose from is date opened, date closed and date updated.  I'm just dont understand how the drop off date changed from 3/2009 to 11/2009 when nothing changed.

On Equifax report, no DOFD is given either it just tells me the last payment was 4/2002.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD is the date you went delinquent and never caught up prior to charge off/collection/etc.

So, if 4/2002 is the date you last was current, then that is likely the DOFD. That would mean the account can remain up until 10/2009.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, that sounds about right.  On all 3 reports it shows various dates, just was curious why my TU had changed so drastically when the other 2 had remained unchanged.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.