cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swiss Colony....thorn in my side how do I fight this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Swiss Colony....thorn in my side how do I fight this?

I HATE Swiss Colony.

Back in 2002 I had an account with them...used them a few years. Last used/paid in 2006. No big deal. In 2013 durning a regular background check that includes financial for my job, there's a Swiss Colony $600 hit...no payment history, no anything except a $600 charge off . 

I start desputing this. Yes, I had an account from 2002-2006 and it was paid. Good standing. I don't know how or when Between 2006 and 2012 something changed. The charge off was 2012 but I didn't know it until a year later because I never paid attention to my credit reports until the last check when this stuff started happening.

so. Dispute letters sent. Standard reply of no change. Dispute more. In 2015 they changed the status of the account from 'charge account' to unsecured loan?? **bleep** Unsecured loan??

i must be disputing this wrong. I tell you I have come seriously close to just giving them $600 f**** dollars but it feels like paying a ransom and if they get money this way once, it will open up the door to future ransom requests of my report.

Dont they HAVE to have paperwork for unsecured loans? 

I'm so tired of fighting this. I'm doing it wrong or all this is bull**bleep** and who ever can do whatever and it doesn't matter what YOU say. Years! I've been dealing with this crap. Do I report this to the FTC? Who? Sue them? Just for the satisfaction? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Swiss Colony....thorn in my side how do I fight this?

In a nutshell, the dispute process under the FCRA requires that they conduct a reasonable investigation, and make a finding.

It does not mandate that they provide their supporting evidence, or "prove" their determination.

If you disagree with the outcome of a dispute, you can always file a civil action, which provides the ability to full access to their supporting documentation via the legal discovery process.

I would recommend consulting an attorney for advice as to bringing a civil action, providing access to all evidence and a legal finding as to the accuracy of the debt.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I 'might' not have to. I discovered Swiss Colony had a Facebook page so I posted on it...and warned people to beware of doing business with them and why, and by golly I got a reply within an hour. Maybe all it took was shedding light on them and their business practices to let people know how much those sausages could cost in the future to get some attention. .? I'll let everyone know how it pans out

Message 3 of 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Keep your documents!  And keep copies of the credit reports!

You have some "muscle" now that you can show the account went from "charge off" to "unsecured loan."  Show me the loan paperwork please.  Smiley Happy  Show me my signature.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re:Update! Swiss Colony....thorn in my side how do I fight this?

Well

i am shocked but happy. Taking my issue public on the Swiss Colony Facebook page finally...FINALLY got an investigation. A real one and they are removing the stuff from my credit report. Back in 2010 an order was placed from my previous address. It had reopened my previously closed account. Finally resolution. Thank you social media

@IOBA wrote:

Keep your documents!  And keep copies of the credit reports!

You have some "muscle" now that you can show the account went from "charge off" to "unsecured loan."  Show me the loan paperwork please.  Smiley Happy  Show me my signature.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Re:Update! Swiss Colony....thorn in my side how do I fight this?

That's awesome! Social media can be a gift and a curse. In your case it worked out well. Happy for you! Too bad it took so long but at least its resolved.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.