Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony / Amazon Goodwill removal request,

tag
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Synchrony / Amazon Goodwill removal request,

Long story short, 2 late payments on Amazon, Sep and Oct due to an ongoing divorce. Found a link on their website and sent a request for GW removal late last night. Got a call from a very nice lady named Michelle this morning. She said she would go over my request and mail me a decision as soon as possible. Fingers crossed. I mentioned how i loved my amazon account and unfortunately it is closed by the creditor. She said she will see what she can do about that Smiley Happy

If anybody needs the email address or the link, leave a note i will pm them to you.

I will update the results once i receive the letter from them.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Vee25
Established Member

Re: Synchrony / Amazon Goodwill removal request,

I actually called Synchrony last week and spoke to the rep for my lates from late last year, October to November 2015, and he agreed to have them removed. I received a letter yesterday, stating they(Synchrony/Amazon) have submitted a request to the credit reporting agencies to delete any delinquency, stating it may take up to 60 days but my creditkarma updated and they are gone.  Yay!!   So I'm hoping it will be the same for you, KSK1912.

Starting Score: 410
Current Score: 619 EQ, 648 TU, 611 EX
Goal Score: 720

Message 2 of 37
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Vee25 wrote:

I actually called Synchrony last week and spoke to the rep for my lates from late last year, October to November 2015, and he agreed to have them removed. I received a letter yesterday, stating they(Synchrony/Amazon) have submitted a request to the credit reporting agencies to delete any delinquency, stating it may take up to 60 days but my creditkarma updated and they are gone.  Yay!!   So I'm hoping it will be the same for you, KSK1912.

Yes i love synchrony when it comes to their speed of reporting to the CRA's. They are pretty fast. I am really hoping for a good outcome too. It is very hard to see what a divorce can do to your finances, and 500 to 700+ fico scores in less than a year, and then back to 500's in a month is very painful Smiley Happy

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you just use the standard contact link on the web site to yield the call back?
Message 4 of 37
Vee25
Established Member

Yes, from the Contact Us link (Customer Service)

Starting Score: 410
Current Score: 619 EQ, 648 TU, 611 EX
Goal Score: 720

Message 5 of 37
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

I used the link for comment / concern. Copied the text from the letter i was going to mail them and paste in the message section, and got the phone call this morning. Not only she said she would try to help me reopening the closed account.

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder how they would feel about completely deleting an entire tradeline from a credit report rather than modifying specific payment history.  I've got an old, closed PIF Synchrony account with poor payment history that I'd like erased.  I have two current open Synchrony accounts with perfect payment history.  I've sent a ton of GW letters requesting the late payments be removed but always get back the same generic responses saying that the information was verified to be accurate and thus can't be changed.

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success! Im going to start apping for cards through other banks...feel like Im under a monopoly of Citibank backed cards and they are a pain to work with. You would think theyd appreciate their long time customers...I keep getting the "required by law to accurated report" generic response. Ony synch card I have is CareCredit
Message 8 of 37
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder how they would feel about completely deleting an entire tradeline from a credit report rather than modifying specific payment history.  I've got an old, closed PIF Synchrony account with poor payment history that I'd like erased.  I have two current open Synchrony accounts with perfect payment history.  I've sent a ton of GW letters requesting the late payments be removed but always get back the same generic responses saying that the information was verified to be accurate and thus can't be changed.

How old are the late payments? Explain them you are not disputing the late but rather asking for a goodwill adjustment. The law says, if they are reporting, then they have to report accurate information. I have seen some creditors that delete the late payment rather than changin it to current. This way they are "not reporting" that specific month rather than changin the information from late to current. Smiley Happy

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 9 of 37
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have seen creditors do it, such as Barclays. Instead of changin the information, they delete the whole account history which would make me think twice. I just asked for a GW adjustment from Barclays last night and they called me from Exec office today. The lady said she would work on my request and call me back mid next week. I wonder which would be better for me, to have 2 credit lines with 2 year history removed, or leave them with one late payment on each? hmmm???

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.