Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony/Amazon Goodwill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony/Amazon Goodwill

I have some questions as I start my journey back to good credit, if anyone can help.

One of my baddies is Synchrony/Amazon. This account was opened back in Dec of 2010, and in June of 2011 I started getting behind, with the following lates:

120 days past due as of Dec 2012
90 days past due as of Nov 2012
60 days past due as of Oct 2012, Sep 2012, Feb 2012, Oct 2011
30 days past due as of Aug 2012, Jul 2012, Jan 2012, Sep 2011, Jun 2011.

Starting with Jan of 2013, I was able to get my payments back on track, made continuous on time payments until I was able to fully pay the account off in Nov of 2015 and the account was never sent to collections (though I am certain it was quite close).

So, my first question is, would it be beneficial to try to get Synchrony to goodwill delete the entire trade line or should I just leave this alone?

And my second is, can anyone PM me the best physical/email address to send goodwill letters, or should I just use the Orlando PO box listed on my credit report?

As I was able to pay this account off without collections, I am hoping this is a good place to start trying to clean up my report. Thanks in advance for your help.

As an aside, does anyone know how Paypal credit reports on a credit report? I have an almost identical story with Paypal, but I do not see them listed any where on my credit report.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony/Amazon Goodwill

Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

If this never went to CO status you would want to after the lates only. Each of them would drop at the 7 year mark until it becomes a positive and then drops off about 10 years post closing. I am assuming that the account got closed and is no longer available for use. I woud be writing the letters to the office of the CEO asking for removal of the lates. Good luck on this!

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=4423125

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help.  I plan on getting these letters out fairly soon, so hopefully I will hear good news at some point.  Yes, the account was closed by Synchrony, but I was 90+ days late, so I really can't fault them.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it be better to write letters or call a rep? I have 3 baddies and the card has since been pif....
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Would it be better to write letters or call a rep? I have 3 baddies and the card has since been pif....

I have the same account in co as well. I am hoping for a PFD soon. Please keep us updated. I would say try both but if you send a letter make sure it is certified so that you may keep it all well documented.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx a bunch! I called in and the rep informed me that he would place a mark on my acct to be reviewed for possible removal. Stated I should receive a letter indicating such w/in 7-10 days. Will report back
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did it work out?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also want to know!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever find any success with Synchrony goodwill?  Thanks.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is kind of old, but I successfully got Synchrony Amazon to remove my one 60 day late from June 2014 using nothing but their online chat feature. That is if the letter I received in the mail today is true to its word. The standard disclaimer, " this could take up to 60 days to be reflected on your credit reports," is printed at the bottom.

The letter was dated the same day I made the request. For what it's worth, I was helped by a sympathetic-sounding agent who intimated that she would try her best to get my request approved. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.